Official Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Official Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by mmm17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All the Targets" by Noah Bond.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All the Targets, by Noah Bond, is a novel packed with action from the very beginning, with a North Korean nuclear attack that obliterates San Francisco and severely damages most of the West Coast. The story revolves around America’s retaliation, which is spearheaded by Marco Patrick Redondo – the book’s handsome and charismatic protagonist. He is an ambitious Texan senator who was “born into a life of privilege,” son of a Canadian mother and a Mexican father. Marco’s political ambitions and charming personality soon make him vice president and then president of the United States.

To handle the aftermath of the devastating nuclear attack on America, Marco relies on the invaluable cooperation of his talented wife Meghan and his dubious father-in-law. The plot thickens as an attractive female agent joins the operation. Together, they implement measures that involve a complicated plan, dangerous trips abroad, agents pretending to be the President and the First Lady, a kidnapping, and an assassination attempt. But no spoilers are allowed!

As the narrative unfolds, several questions of true identities and loyalties come up, as is often the case in good political thrillers. The surprising plot twists were engaging and kept me hooked – a noteworthy positive point. The mysteries and nuances of the clandestine operations carried out during the story captured my imagination. I particularly liked how the action takes place in different settings, spanning several cities and countries. The author is a meticulous storyteller, and the book seems well-researched, with vivid and detailed descriptions of the deceptive world of international politics.

The novel is at once a political thriller and an espionage story with a touch of romance. Even though it occasionally pushes the boundaries of believability, it does provide great entertainment. If I had to name a negative aspect, it would be that I found the romance passages a bit cheesy and of a rather womanizing tone. Quite frankly, I think the book would be better without the numerous comments about women’s legs.

Lastly, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. Overall, I thought it was a fun book to read. I am taking a star away because the romance passages felt a little stereotyped to me. The editing seemed clean and professional, with no outstanding errors to point out. I would recommend this novel to readers fond of fast-paced political thrillers and espionage stories. Those who are put off by rather silly romantic clichés might not like it as much.

All the Targets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

This is a really good review. It's well structured and incorporates all of the elements that make a review informative and worthwhile to read.
Thank you! :D
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

A political thriller with elements of espionage offering nuances concerning the various events, what more can you ask for for an intriguing novel? Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
mmm17
Currently Reading:

Post by mmm17 »

HusainNecklace52 wrote: 23 May 2020, 03:10 This is a really good review. It's well structured and incorporates all of the elements that make a review informative and worthwhile to read.
Thank you! :D
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I appreciate it.
mmm17
Currently Reading:

Post by mmm17 »

NetMassimo wrote: 23 May 2020, 05:03 A political thriller with elements of espionage offering nuances concerning the various events, what more can you ask for for an intriguing novel? Thank you for your great review!
Thank you for reading the review and sharing your thoughts!
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

Sounds thrilling. I can just imagine the drama as I read through your review. A beautiful review you have here
hasincla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasincla.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats with Full Tummies by Dave Hutchinson

Post by hasincla »

I like international mysteries and thrillers, but the political aspect turns me off a bit. Also, your mention that it's a bit condescending towards women so I'll pass on this one. Thank you for your review!
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Political thrillers are not my kind of thing. I'll skip on this one; but I enjoyed reading your review. Keep up the good work.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Usuma Khan
Currently Reading: Hands Across The Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Usuma Khan »

Action+Suspense+Twists. This novels definitely seems to be a full package. Appreciate the honest review.🌸

“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.”
-Walt Disney
Kanishka Banga
Favorite Book: Crazy Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanishka-banga.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Kanishka Banga »

"All the Targets" by Noah Bond is a fast-paced thriller that weaves together a complex web of international intrigue. The author skillfully introduces a rogue CIA agent who manipulates the White House, adding an extra layer of suspense and mystery to the story. One notable aspect of the book is its commitment to maintaining clean language, with no profanity or foul language, making it suitable for a wide audience.
Great-minds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-great-minds.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Great-minds »

Thank you for your insightful and detailed review of "All the Targets." Your thorough examination of the plot's intricacies and the characters' dynamics adds depth to the reader's understanding of the novel. I appreciate your acknowledgment of the engaging plot twists and the author's meticulous storytelling.
Your feedback on the romantic elements and comments about women's legs is duly noted. It's valuable to hear different perspectives on how these aspects impact the overall reading experience. Your honesty contributes to a well-rounded review.
I'm glad you found the book to be a fun read despite the minor critiques. Your recommendation to readers who enjoy fast-paced political thrillers and espionage stories is helpful for those seeking a gripping narrative.
Jacob Mamman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

What more could you want for an engaging book than a political thriller with espionage components that provides subtleties regarding the many events? Well done on BOTD!
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

Thank you for the detailed review of "All the Targets" by Noah Bond! It sounds like a gripping political thriller with intense action and intricate plot twists. Your insights about the romance elements are valuable, highlighting the need for more nuanced portrayals. Overall, your review gives a great overview and helps readers know what to expect from the book.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

The review is captivating, suggesting that the book is intriguing due to the reviewer highlighting the youth and dynamism of the protagonist. I am keen to discover how this young and dynamic president governs the United States and steers the country through challenging circumstances, ultimately saving it from drastic conditions. I am definitely going to read this book.
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: Back to Bremo by Debby Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

A nuclear attack from North Korea is what everyone fears, and whatever is written in this book can turn real anytime soon. I think this is what makes the book more appealing and makes me want to read it. Congratulations to the author for BOTD and best wishes for future projects.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”