Official Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Re: Official Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Yes, the review is helpful as it provides an overview of the book's plot, themes, and character development. It mentions the geopolitical outlook as a strong feature and highlights the author's ability to incorporate historical events into the story. The reviewer gives the book a 4 out of 4 star rating and recommends it to readers who enjoy thrillers with international affairs elements.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Yes, the review is helpful as it covers the plot, themes, character development, and the reviewer's overall enjoyment of the book. It provides sufficient information for potential readers to make an informed decision. The positive rating and recommendation may motivate readers to consider buying the book. Overall, it appears to be a great read based on the reviewer's comments.
Shamel Manguilimotan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamel-manguilimotan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Shamel Manguilimotan »

In 'The Devil in False Colors' by Jack Winnick, I was immediately drawn into a world of suspense and intrigue. The story follows detective Mark Anderson as he unravels a web of corruption and deceit. The writing is captivating, with vivid descriptions that brought the story to life. The plot is expertly crafted, keeping me on the edge of my seat with unexpected twists. The characters are well-developed and relatable, and the moral dilemmas they face make for thought-provoking moments. The pacing is perfect, with a good balance of action and introspection. Overall, 'The Devil in False Colors' is a gripping and thrilling read that I highly recommend.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

These terrorists can be quite despicable people. Targeting children at a preschool appears inhuman. I hope Lara and Uri capture these offenders and restore peace. Thanks for the amazing review.
Gene Gene
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Gene Gene »

The book can be used to promote both political and religious peace. Can't wait to see how Lara & Uri will capture the terrorist and bring peace back.
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Under The Elm by Ivana Christman
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Martina Sette »

The geopolitical depth in this book enhances the narrative, intertwining fiction with historical events. Engaging characters, especially Lara, contribute to a captivating read, although controversial viewpoints may divide readers.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 645
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Tejas Koli, I just read your comment on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and I agree this is a terrific geopolitical thriller. The Lara and Uri relationship is a nice addition to the story but the killing of innocent Jewish children is a heinous crime and these terrorists must be hunted down and brought to justice. I have read all five of Jack Winnick's terrorism series and I highly recommend all of them. I have found Jack's books to page turners that I cannot put down after reading the first chapter of each book. The books are fiction but these crimes could be committed tomorrow in numerous cities in the U.S. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Orji Cyril Kaluokoro, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and I can see your point about protecting the privacy of citizens and the violation of rights but when a heinous crime occurs like the killing of innocent Jewish children the FBI must turn over every rock in order to find clues to the identity of the killers and the leader of the group. Winnick's has incredible knowledge of the geopolitical issues in the Middle East and I think he is fair in the way he writes his books. Even though the books are fiction the crimes are definitely possible and could occur tomorrow. This is why the FBI must remain diligent by keeping their attention focused on internet chatter, tips from informers and criminals that are arrested for hate crimes. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Shamel Manguilimotan, I enjoyed reading your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors". A heinous crime was committed by terrorist that killed innocent Jewish children at their school. While the detective assigned to the case did a good job, he needed the help of the FBI and the counter terrorism taskforce including Lara and Uri. I have read all five of Jack Winnick's terrorism series and I have found the books to be well-written page turners that are hard to put down after I read the first chapter of each book. I highly recommend all five books and I hope that Jack Winnick is planning on adding new books to the series. @Mrlefty0706 @jwinnick1
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Renisha Selvakumar, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and I agree with you that this is a sensational geopolitical thriller. The senseless killing of innocent Jewish children at their school was very upsetting. I have read all of Jack Winnick's five book terrorism series and I highly recommend all five of them. I have found that each book is a page turner and hard to put down from the beginning of chapter 1 to the end of the book. I hope Winnick is planning on adding more books to this series. @Mrlefty0706 @jwinnick1
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Jay Lu, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and I enjoyed the way you described the geopolitical thriller that began with the heinous crime of terrorists killing innocent Jewish children at their school. I found this book a page turner that was hard to put down from the beginning of chapter 1 to the end of the book. I have read all five of Jack Winnick's five books in his terrorism series and I hope he is planning to write more novels to add to this series. While the stories are fictional, the crimes could occur tomorrow in many places in the U.S. The FBI and the counter terrorism group must stay diligent on internet chatter, tips from people arrested for hate crimes and information from Interpol and local police departments. @Mrlefty0706 @jwinnick1
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Shamel Manguilimotan. I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and a agree this is an excellent geopolitical thriller that begins in Los Angeles with the senseless killing of Jewish children in their school. I have read all five of Jack Winnick's five book series and while this one began with a heinous act of terrorism, I have found all 54 books begin this way and each book is a page turner from the beginning of chapter one to the last page of the book. I highly recommend all five books and I hope Jack Winnick is planning on writing additional novels in this series. The book is excellent. @Mrlefty0706 @jwinnick1
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Shamel Manguilimotan, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil in False Colors" and I agree this is an incredible geopolitical book that is well-written and an amazing read. I have read all five of Jack Winnick's terrorism series and I highly recommend all five books. Jack Winnick had incredible insight into the ongoing terrorist acts against Jews in America. I highly recommend all five books and hope that Jack Winnick adds more books to this series. @Mrlefty0706 @jwinnick1
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I live in a predominantly Muslim country, so I found this book intriguing to study. With a storyline related to terrorism and anti-Jewish sentiments, it reminds me of another book I recently read about how the Holocaust began from European prejudices against Jews. This review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing it.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Thank you for sharing this insightful review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick. The way the author intertwines historical events with fiction to create a geopolitical outlook seems to be a compelling aspect of the novel. It's intriguing how Winnick delves into themes like international terrorism, Iran's nuclear threat, and Russia's role, all while developing characters like Lara with depth. Your review paints a vivid picture of the book's strengths, making it a must-read for those interested in thrillers with a political twist.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”