Official Review: The Judge part 1 and 2 by Ian RB Morris

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: The Judge part 1 and 2 by Ian RB Morris

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Judge part 1 and 2" by Ian RB Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Treat all fairly or they'll seek revenge." This quote by Christopher Paolini summarizes the core theme of The Judge: Part 1 and 2.

The story opened up with the murder of a male prostitute, Bobby Black. His solicitor, Peter Ritchie, was asked to identify the body. In the process, he realized that the police weren't going to investigate the murder as they presumed Bobby to be a societal nuisance. However, Peter wasn't going to let justice be denied his ex-client. He was determined to get to the bottom of the case.

Meanwhile, the murder of Bobby Black attracted the attention of some big guns in the political space. To ensure that some secrets weren't made public, these big guns decided to pin the murder on Sir Justin Gordon Hodge, a High Court criminal judge. To save his reputation, the judge hired Peter as his solicitor. Peter was saddled with the task of finding out who murdered Bobby Black, as well as determine the judge's involvement in the murder.

As the name implied, The Judge: Part 1 and 2 is a two-part book with many intrigues and drama. Though I couldn't figure out why the author divided the book into two, I found the whole story exciting and engaging. The plot was well-developed as Ian Morris paid attention to the tiniest detail. There were no gaps in the storyline as it flowed smoothly. The fast-paced nature of this book made it difficult for me to put it down until I was done. The eyestrain and headache that came afterward were worth every minute I spent reading this book. I expected a lot of intrigue and action, and the author didn't disappoint.

My best feature of this book was the suspense — it was killing. There were outcomes that I never expected. The twists and turns in the narrative made it a very engaging read. These elements of surprise kept me anticipating what the author had up his sleeves as I entered a new chapter. I had gone almost 80% into the book before I could put two and two together as to the final destination of the story. However, I was never bored, as the author kept me glued to the book with his exquisite storytelling. I commend Ian Morris for doing such a good job.

The author scored a massive point in character development. Though there wasn't a somewhat main character, each one had unique personalities they could be identified with. Peter Ritchie was the loose cannon lawyer that wouldn't trade his principles for personal favors. There was also Booth, who would go to any length to protect the interest of the political elite he answered to. Justin, the judge, would do anything to keep up a good reputation, even if he had to fake it. I could go on and on, but you may have to read the book to see for yourself.

As much as this book centered around the theme of revenge, other subjects of societal interest were explored in this book. Some of them were the lapses in the legal system, homosexuality, and politics. The author masterfully weaved these sub-themes together to create an exciting story.

Besides the few grammatical errors I found, there was nothing I disliked about this book. I enjoyed the read, and anyone who enjoys crime, mystery, and political thrillers will have a swell time reading this story. I rate the book four out of four stars.

The Judge part 1 and 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

Wonderful review, the storyline sounds really interesting. I hope Peter finally finds justice for Bobby's death.I will try out the book.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

Interesting! I really think I'd love this book for it's intrigue and action. I've suddenly developed appetite for books of this nature. You've just succeeded in increasing it with this awesome review of yours. Thanks!
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

This sounds like a great read! I'm going to check it out. Has book 2 already been released? Did you find it believable that an attorney would be tasked with solving the murder instead of, say, a private investigator? Sounds riveting. Thanks for a great review!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Debra123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra123.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Debra123 »

Thanks for the great review. This sounds like it has everything I enjoy in a book. I love books that won’t let you put them down, even though it late. This sounds like one of those.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

It's already intriguing to read just your review. I think I will read it. I need to know how it turned out. A great review.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Post by JKO »

This sounds like a story with a good plot. The level of suspense employed is one i look forward to experience. Thanks for this review.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Sounds like an interesting read. Your review alone speaks volume. I'm definitely reading this. Thank you for this review.
sportmomodu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sportmomodu »

This review makes the book palatable, its exactly what can keep one glued to the book to the last page. Lan Moris you are just the kind of writer i love. Good review
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

I love the twist and tuna in the story. It can make a good read any day. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

An intriguing mystery with political implications for a story that addresses a number of important themes using well-developed characters. I see the reasons for the 4 stars. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

Sounds intriguing. I think everyone deserves the right to a fair treatment. Excellent character development by the author. Great review.
Maxwil1
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Maxwil1 »

The review was fantastic and I hope Bobby's justice was achieved regardless of the mischievous he would have been in society.... The second George Floyd type of case here😂
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

Although I dig for suspense in a novel, I will probably skip it because of the themes of prostitution, politics, murder and violence. An honest review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

The suspense description you gave is intriguing. I like books that keep the reader on their toes and this sounds like one. Great review!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”