Official Review: Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adedayo+23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin

Official Review: Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Post by Adedayo+23 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nekkid Lake" by Noah Bond.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When forensic science undergrad Tess Chandler arrives at Cobbler’s Knob to begin her internship at the Sheriff's Office, she does not expect much from the sleepy town. Tess is assigned a cold case to keep her busy. The case, dubbed The Necklan’s Lake Massacre, involves the mysterious disappearance of fourteen high school Seniors on the night of their Senior Prom while out partying at Necklan’s Lake.

Tess’s investigation into the case only leads to more questions than answers as none of the forensic evidence makes sense. The only survivor has no memory of what happened, and something significant and vital is missing. Thinking outside the box, Tess tries to familiarize herself with the town’s history and myths about paranormal creatures of the night. When she stumbles on a possible Department of Defense involvement, the gravity of what happened that night becomes all too real. As Tess seeks a resolution to this truly baffling case, the forces that caused the massacre are converging yet again. Will she get to the bottom of The Necklan’s Lake Massacre before history repeats itself?

Nekkid Lake is a highly suspenseful Gothic mystery by Noah Bond. The compelling writing pulls you in from the start, with a pace that builds in momentum as the story progresses. The character development was remarkable. Each character had a unique quality that made them stand out as relatable and memorable individuals. The dialogue felt natural and was often refreshingly witty. I think I enjoyed the banter most of all.

I found Tess to be an ingenious young woman, whose dogged determination - while almost getting her killed - helped to solve the mystery of The Necklan’s Lake Massacre. Despite being new to law enforcement, her patience, savvy, and willingness to learn made her an exceptional Deputy. Tess was brilliant, but she never assumed to know better than the experienced Sheriff. The Sheriff, on his part, recognized and appreciated his whip-smart intern. I was glad to see that the author highlighted Tess’s charming personality and resourcefulness and how she wielded these to her advantage to solve the case. She also drove a Harley, which I thought was cool.

I could not find anything to dislike. There were minimal editing errors, not enough to detract from the quality of the book. Nekkid Lake was a fascinating work of fiction with thrilling twists and turns that kept me wanting more. As much as I could not wait to see how the mystery would unravel, I was sad to see the story end. I gladly rate Nekkid Lake 4 out of 4 stars. Fans of Gothic fiction will find this book an enthralling and enjoyable read.

Nekkid Lake
View: on Bookshelves
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller full of twists with well-developed characters, what more can you ask to have some suspense? This really seems a must-read if you like this genre. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

This
sounds
awesome!
Everything you described seemed to fit my description of an exciting adventure/Gothic book!! Everything appealed to my interest from the ingenious of Tess to the witty banter in the dialogue! Sounds awesome and now I really want to read it! Thank you for an awesome review of an awesome-looking book!!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings

Post by Frannie Annie »

Any well rounded strong female that rides a Harley is cool in my book! I think I'll pass though since I usually have a hard time keeping up with mystery crime novels. Great review!
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Post by JKO »

Will Tess get to the bottom of The Necklan’s Lake Massacre before history repeats itself? I like the way you create some kind of suspense with the questions asked in the review. I think this book definitely appeals to me.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

This sounds like a book that depicts crime, thriller and mystery. There sure is a lot going on in this mysterious town. Thanks for the insightful review.
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

Your review makes the book sound exciting. I like the way you describe Tess and you just got to love that she drives a Harley! Thanks for the amazing review. Actually, I viewed the Facebook post and was impressed with the lead-in comments you made. Great job!
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

Gothic mystery is not my type of book. The blurb sounds intriguing, but I think I'll pass this one. COngratulations to the author for a 4 out of 4 stars rating.
Thank you for the insightful review.
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
GatugiM
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatugim.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by GatugiM »

Wow this sounds like my kind of book. Thank you for your review. I think Tess is amazing and I can't wait to read the book.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

This seems like something i would read myself! I love a good mystery filled with witty banter. Nice review! :)
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

Wow, mystery and suspense finely woven together in an interesting work of fiction. I'm definitely getting this book.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond, an amazing suspense and mystery well-written. My major aim is to find out if Tess will successfully solve The Necklan’s Lake Massacre case. Congratulations to the author on the BOTD. Great review!
Books are beautiful.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A fast-paced thriller novel with amazing characterization sounds terrific—something you could never put down. Great review!
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I love mystery books, especially when it has a strong female character. I hope to read this title soon. Thanks for your honest review and recommendation.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Great review! I must commend the qualities Tess possess, it's really inspiring that a young woman can go all out to proffer solution. This book seems to be an interesting thriller.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”