Official Review: Gemini Jones The Future of My Past

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Official Review: Gemini Jones The Future of My Past

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gemini Jones The Future of My Past" by Veronica Faye.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gemini Jones The Future of My Past by Veronica Faye is Book 3 of the series and is about “The Rodney Earls, Ph.D. Case.” At the age of 15, Gemini Jones is raped and gives birth to a son. The baby is taken away from her and given up for adoption. At the time, she was living at the house of Mamie Wells. Mamie provides a home for runaways, unwed mothers, and homeless children. While in high school, Gemini is put into a program with Dr. Rodney Earls to help her overcome her anger issues. In this program, Dr. Earls asks all the participants to answer the question, “What is the future of your past?” Gemini cannot answer the question. Years later, Gemini is a successful attorney and helps investigate a case where Dr. Earls is accused of killing Pastor Day’s wife, Tabitha, and a news reporter by the name of Barney Austin. Why would someone like Dr. Earls, who runs a children’s program, be accused of killing a pastor’s wife? How does Gemini’s failure to answer Dr. Earls’s question play a role?

The author takes you into the world of street justice, child trafficking, abuse, greed, adultery, corruption, bribes, and lies. You are going to meet characters who will do anything to get what they want. The revealing of family secrets that will bring you both happiness and sorrow are found in this book. You will question the meaning of hope. Is hope a good thing or a reminder of something you desire being missed and unfulfilled? There are so many factions, twists, and turns that they cannot be revealed in this review without spoiling the book for the reader.

I liked the many life lessons that this book has to offer. For example, you have to start at the beginning when you take the road to healing. It does no good to start at the ending and try to work your way backward. Or, if people think you are crazy, it only matters what you think. We are all individuals. The main thing I disliked was the number of errors involving capitalization, switching from present to past tense and vice versa, missing words, extra words, and mixing the names of the characters. The book needs to be edited by a professional.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good crime mystery. There are some mild profanity and sexual content but nothing too offensive. There is some religious content with the Pastor saying prayers to his congregation and at meetings that you need to be aware of.

This is an enjoyable book that flows smoothly and is an easy read. It just has a lot of errors that need to be fixed. Due to the number of errors, I can only give the book 3 out of 4 stars.

Gemini Jones The Future of My Past
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A tough story that uses a mystery to address important problems and questions, with plot twists and food for thought. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Thanks for the review. I wonder if Gemini eventually answer Dr. Earls’ question and how the story developed. I feel like I wound enjoy this book despite the errors.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”