Official Review: The People's Pandemic by C.E.Spears

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: The People's Pandemic by C.E.Spears

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The People's Pandemic" by C.E.Spears.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

China seeks to become the world’s leading economy, but at what cost? It all started with a laboratory experiment, and this experiment would affect the entire world. Indeed, power intoxicates the mind, and some leaders would get it at all costs.

Chen Li was a talented young girl who was taught the value of loyalty to her nation. She was taught how to deploy her abilities just like any other Chinese citizen for her country’s good. Soon, she grew up with this mindset. But does patriotism override humanity? Major James Hanley was willing to sacrifice everything for his country, alongside other men of repute.

Was China selfish to ignore the well-being of the rest of the world? Was this a conspiracy theory? This fictional book, The People’s Pandemic, will answer these perturbing questions. This is the first book in The Zone 8 Series.

Reading this book was a thrill for me because of the concepts of sacrifice and love for one’s country portrayed in the book. The author was able to manifest these themes from a realistic standpoint.

What I liked most about the book was the way he developed the characters in the novel, as he walked his readers through their growth. Chapter three laid the core foundation of Chen Li’s character, which traces her actions throughout the book.

The positive aspect of the book was the sequence of the occurrences in the book. C. E. Spears broke down the chapters into the point of view of certain significant characters and each event’s location. The author tied these events together with a silver string, as he allowed his readers to unravel these hidden events. I liked the fact that there were no predictable occurrences in the novel.

Also, I liked the rationale of the author. He avoided exaggeration of the qualities of his characters. Most times, in a fictional book, the positive attributes of heroes tend to be exaggerated, but C. E. Spears revealed to us through James Hanley’s experience with Chen Li that heroes are humans too.

The negative aspect was that a few chapters were backward. It made the plot of the book difficult for me to comprehend. At some point, I felt the element of flashback was adequately implemented in some chapters.

Another thing I found as a negative issue about the book was that the pages were not numbered. This issue made it hard for me to trace where I had stopped in the cause of my reading. Also, I was almost unable to trace certain events in the story.

My rating was because of the problems I discussed above. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. However, I could not remove more stars because of the way the writer articulated the book. Likewise, this book was not edited professionally. I recommend it to those interested in conspiracy theories and those interested in fictional illustrations of modern-day realities.

The People's Pandemic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This book definitely sounds well-thought and thrilling. However, I've never seen a book that has no page numbers. That would certainly be very confusing. I hope it will get fixed soon. Wonderful review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

By the title I thought it was going in a very different direction. It sounds incredibly interesting and sounds like it would be worth the read
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

The book sounds fast-paced and thrilling. I like that the heroes are shown with human flaws. They feel more relatable that way. Thanks for your inspiring review!
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I've once read a book without page numbers and i know how stressing it could be. Otherwise, nice review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an interesting novel that also raises some important issues but I'm not sure I want to read this kind of book right now. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

This book is probably not for me. I don’t usually enjoy conspiracy books, but your review was excellent.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

Am very intrigued by this book mainy because we are in the midst of the pandemic.However , am against the fact that patriotism was allowed to overide humanity.This is especially due to the fact that the reason was selfish.Thanks for the great review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I would be skipping this book as the story does not sound good. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”