Review of The Hammurabi Heist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of The Hammurabi Heist

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Hammurabi Heist" by D.H. Beckwith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Hammurabi Heist is a fiction novel written by D.H Beckwith. The story is set in New York, United States of America. An object of great historical value, which Abdul-Aziz al-Jabiri acquired, was stolen by a stranger who invaded his apartment, killed his wife and shot him in the process of the robbery.

The United States government needed the lost object to be found and sent to the country to which it rightfully belongs. The government needed to maintain good relations with this country. The newly appointed Deputy U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Jay Brownstein, informed Roscoe that his expertise in finding and returning lost items to the rightful owners was needed by the government. Roscoe agreed to take up the task. The difficulty now is that Mr Abdul-Aziz al-Jabiri will not truthfully name the item stolen from him. He is also not interested in having the police solve the murder of his wife. Why is that? Could Abdul be hiding something from everyone, including his son Nasir? What could that be? Did Roscoe succeed in his mission to find the missing relic? Find out by reading this intriguing story.

The book has a lot of positive aspects. I love the author's writing style. He unravelled the story bit by bit, thereby captivating the reader through the length of the story. I loved that events in the story were perfectly arranged. Every subsequent event has a connection to the one that precedes it. Also, the characters and events in the story were well developed. The reader could imagine what the characters and the events described looked like as he read the story. The author was very detailed. His writing style is captivating, and I love it.

I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. I found the storyline intriguing. I enjoyed the suspense in the story, and it kept my attention all through the length of the book. I thoroughly enjoyed every part of the book.

The book was professionally edited. I found few grammatical errors in the book, but they are not enough to take anything away from the reader's enjoyment of the book. Consequently, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give the book a lower rating because it is an intriguing work.

I recommend this book to lovers of intriguing crime fiction novels as the book features crime investigation. I equally recommend it to readers who love to read about historical artefacts.

The book contains vulgar words and may not be suitable for children. It equally contains graphic images. Readers who do not appreciate graphic images may wish to be mindful of this fact if they must read the book.

The Hammurabi Heist
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

Fast paced crime novels are my favourite! I would try this sometime. Thank you for such a good account of the book! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

Seems like an intriguing fast paced crime novel...just like I like 'em. I might wince at the language but it's something I can endure for a good read. Thank you for the honest review.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

It seems like an intriguing crime novel full of suspense. I look forward to reading it soon. Thanks for the great review!
Barbara Perini
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Barbara Perini »

Crime fiction is one of my favourite styles, and with historical elements. It sounds interesting, indeed. Thanks for review!
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This sounds like a great book, especially when the author has developed such a great writing style as you describe. Great review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Love the review. I'll definitely read this.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing crime thriller centered around an important historical artifact that is very well constructed and full of suspense. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

Sounds interesting and suspense filled. Crime thrillers are always first choice. Thanks for this!
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Crime and mystery stories about historical artifacts are the best! Thank you for the review :)
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Hmm. I wonder what Abdul-Aziz al-Jabiri is trying to hide. This sounds like an intriguing book that I would enjoy. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

I’m not a fan of the genre but this review sounds really good. We’ll see what happens when the suspense unfolds. Thanks for the review.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Crime novels are really interesting and intriguing to read. They will keep at the edge the whole time. Hope to read this one soon. Thank you for the great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”