Review of Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case

Post by SamaylaM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case" by Dr. Anthony L Robbins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everyone has heard about Criminal Defense Investigators (CDI) or Private Investigators (PI). Thanks to an abundance of Hollywood movies and television series, many people imagine such a detective as someone wearing a long dark trench coat, which billows in the wind with their steps. Others may envision a lone dark figure following an expensive vehicle vigilantly in a posh neighborhood. However, real modern criminal defense investigators are more bold and intelligent in studying forensics, making interrogations, and debunking complex stories. In the following book, Dr. Anthony L Robbins offers beneficial professional insight into criminal defense investigations concerning various cases.

Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case by Dr. Anthony L Robbins is an expert guidebook written to help readers navigate the legal system of the United States properly. The author opens the book with a strong statement that an investigator is usually the person who solves a case. Discovering the truth from a witness and verifying the credibility of that testimony is said to be an extremely vital task. Following that, he proceeds to talk about the crucial objectives of a criminal defense investigator in cases such as homicides, domestic violence, and financial crimes. Next, he tackles the subjects of implicit bias in the legal system, the statistics of winning a case in the federal court, evidence documentation, presenting oneself in court, and so on.

This book had multiple positives. The author has an expert background in Legal Studies. So, the writing was simple but comprehensive, and it made for a meaningful read. Being a Chief Forensic Criminal Defense Investigator, he utilized his expertise admirably in this book. The use of real-life cases as examples to create a better understanding for readers was a great addition. There were also many fundamental things to learn from this read. One of them was the different interview strategies used in interrogation. It included kinesic, cognitive behavioral analysis, and Reid Interrogation Technique. Another valuable addition was his acknowledgment of racial and cultural bias in the legal system and providing some tactics for interrupting them. He gave necessary advice for dealing with Child Protection Services. He also contributed extensive advice for fellow criminal defense investigators and accused individuals, listing the major key points to focus on when attending the court.

There was nothing in this book that I disliked. There were some minor errors in punctuations and editing. However, it did not hamper my enjoyment of reading at all. As this book contained some violent and sexual content about the real-life cases mentioned, it would not be a suitable read for younger audiences.

In conclusion, I would gladly award Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case by Dr. Anthony L Robbins with 4 out of 4 stars. This book on the Justice System of the United States is only 88 pages long. So, it would make for a quick and helpful read. Law students, criminal defense investigators, and family members of accused individuals will benefit from this book. I would also recommend it to Crime/Thriller/Mystery/Horror (C/T/M/H) writers needing inspiration and readers aspiring to investigate themselves.

Not Guilty - Criminal Defense Investigators Guide to Winning Your Case
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

The review tells of a book well written. Might give it a consideration. 👍
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I wasn’t expecting non-fiction. There is more to being an investigator than I thought. It seems like it could be very dangerous with all of the interrogation involved. How do you verify the truth of any testimony?
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gina_rae73 »

I'm a fan of true crime and working as a journalist, I have seen many flaws in the justice system. Law enforcement using abusive interrogation tactics, which are based on racial and cultural bias has always been a topic of interest for me to explore. It is a book, I believe is definitely worth reading!
:ecrivain: Gina Rae :gaah:
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an interesting book that offers insights into the American criminal system, from law enforcement to trial. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

This sounds like a very informative book that details the processes involved in legal representation. Aspiring detectives and lawyers may find this book useful.

Thank you for an excellent review!
🔍 ⚖ ☺
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

Real life examples will make the story more real, more raw. But what I'm excited to learn about are cognitive behavioral analysis and Reid Interrogation Technique. I've always wondered about these, let's see what this book has to offer. Great job!
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

This sounds like a very interesting read. If you are recommending it to C/T/M/H writers for inspiration, and it might even be handy for research, I think it might be worth reading. Also, just 88 pages? Sign me up!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It's always education to discover how the system really works, despite the image presented by the movies. I would love to read it, so thank you for your excellent recommendation!
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

Real life books fascinate me. Addition to that, I love reading about self-defenses. I'll definitely read this.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it’s great that the author has an exceptional experience that he decided to share with readers. This is especially important when it comes to delicate matter. Thanks for the great review.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I could definitely learn from this book! I feel like I know very little about the legal system. Thanks for the review!
Neelakshi jain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neelakshi-jain.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Neelakshi jain »

I like real life stories but crimes scare me a little . This book sounds interesting. My brother loves these kind of book. I am going to suggest it to him. Thank you for this review. :D
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I never came across a book like this one, unless it was fiction. The insider view from a criminal defense person is valuable to everyone. This seems like an interesting read. Thanks for reviewing it!
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

The author "Being a Chief Forensic Criminal Defense Investigator" is enough reason for me to read this book. Thank you, for the great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”