Review of Spy And Spy Again

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Spy And Spy Again

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Spy And Spy Again" by Ray Saunders.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Matt Sands sells houses in the 60s, but he also developed some abilities as a spy when he got involved in an international kidnap plot in Switzerland. Now, the MI6 needs his help to obtain the research that might do genetic modifications in plants and affect the economy of several countries. To achieve his objectives, Matt needs to reach the study’s leaders, who are Carl Linstead, a lustful man who loves gambling, and Zola Peterson, a bright woman who can be very stubborn. In this adventure, Matt Sands will find new passions with distinct personalities. Nevertheless, he might also find delightful surprises from his past. 

Spy And Spy Again by Ray Saunders is the sequel to the novel “High Spy.” It is a fiction book filled with action, adventures, crime, espionage, romance, and many twists. The book is written in the first-person perspective, so the narrator is also the main character. Therefore, the reader’s perception of the events is restricted and biased. This aspect makes the novel even more engaging since we see every situation through Matt’s eyes and sensations.  

My favorite part of this book was the author’s ability to create intense and unexpected turns of events. Various writers try to conceive engaging twists but end up making them predictable or unrealistic. That’s not the case since Saunders brings astonishing and genuine events to surprise the readers right away. Consequently, each event makes us vigilant to reflect on the true intentions of every character. Besides, I can say that this book was professionally edited since I only found some minor errors that didn’t interrupt my reading at all.

The only aspect I disliked in this novel was the fact that some characters lacked deep development. For example, Carl Linstead isn’t a unique persona since he is introduced as a lascivious man with a gambling addiction, and he keeps those traits until the end. He doesn’t change throughout the story, his motivations are superficial, and his personality is too simple. Because of the reason I stated, I’m going to take one star off my rating.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It’s the engaging story of Matt’s adventures as a spy with action and twists to keep the readers’ attention until the end. However, it lacks character development, which is an essential aspect of a fiction book, in my opinion. I recommend it to those readers who are looking for an action-packed novel with romance and espionage. Nevertheless, I don’t recommend it to those readers who avoid books with sexual content and profanities since they might be bothered by this book’s explicit scenes. 

Spy And Spy Again
View: on Bookshelves
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

This sounds amazing review.it is an interesting review I have read from here.i would recommend this to my brother who works as intelligence thanks alot
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the lack of depth in its characters, this story seems engaging, a good read if you just want to have some fun with a book. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

Despite the generic characters, I think this story is promising. The plot seems interesting and I'd be happy to read it. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”