Review of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery" by David Marshall Hunt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering ystemry by David Marshall Hunt features the story of the Jonsons and their age-long family secret that readers can't wait to unravel.

Professor Daniel Mathew Jonson is a 61-year-old American of Swedish ancestry. Fifty years have passed since Professor Daniel's storytelling uncle, Uncle Paul, died. Daniel leaves home and gradually becomes a loner during decades of international adventures, distancing himself from family responsibilities as he travels around the globe. Fifty years later, Daniel's mother dies. Her death triggers a disturbing childhood memory that rattles around his head. The memory comes back with strong pangs of regret and guilt. His trauma runs deep; he feels he has failed to keep his promise to his favorite uncle.

Will he be able to put an end to the family gathering mystery and find the link between the family secret and the fifty-year-old promise?

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery is a compelling story. The events in the story are wholly absorbing. The author has a unique writing style that is easy to comprehend. The plot twist is mind-blowing. There's puzzle-solving, with plenty of suspense that demands you sit on the edge of your seat for every one of the nail-biting moments.

This thought-provoking book is a thriller to the core. It has an intriguing and action-packed storyline. The theme of the book is prominent. It shows the importance of togetherness, family gathering, family values, and the concept of preserving essential secrets. Even as a lone ranger, Daniel's strong connection to his family keeps drawing him back. This is a highly satisfying book.

Another mind-blowing aspect of this book is the author's expertise in detailed characterization, leading to unforgettable characters. Every single character in this book has an important role to play in the build-up of the story. My favorite character remains Dr. Claire Parsons. She is a clinical psychologist. Dr. Claire plays a vital role in helping Daniel unlock his repressed memory. She is mature, selfless, classy, and very intelligent. Another outstanding character is Paul Jonson, the storyteller of Jonson's family. In a bid to protect his friends and prevent them from being sent to internment camps, he participates actively in ensuring that the inseparable duo of Franklin and Tinya is kept safe.

I'm rating Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery four out of four stars. The book is fantastic and has no issues of enormous concern. There are a few minor typos and grammatical errors. I recommend it to lovers of psychological thrillers and family stories.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: A family gathering mystery
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Sounds like an intriguing story. I feel excited and can't wait to read. Your review was great!
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have an Uncle Paul, too, though I doubt if he has any secrets.come to think of it, I’ll bet that’s what Professor Jonson thought. Everyone has them and I want to find out these. Thanks for the review.
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

Until I read the last word 'mystery' in the title, I really thought it's a cook book. But it sounds like just the kind of mystery you read on a rainy afternoon with a cup of coffee. Will check it out.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing thriller full of twists and revelations centered around well-developed characters that make it an engaging story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This looks like an ideal book for people who love family books. Nice review
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”