Review of Danger Within

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Danger Within

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Danger Within" by Dusty J. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An attempt on the life of Kori Harris and some other whistleblowers in Florida had spurred the need for experienced detectives to look into the case of corruption against TouchStone Corporation and see if they could uncover the truth. Alice Ott and her crew of amateur detectives from Western Massachusetts were contacted to take up the case and uncover the absolute truth from the TouchStone Corporation. Alice, with her crew from Western Massachusetts, teams up with others in Central Florida in their bid to unveil this case. Would they be able to reveal the case and find out who was behind the attacks on the whistleblowers? Read Danger Within: An Alice Ott Mystery by Dusty J. Miller for a breathtaking experience, as mysteries are solved.

The thrill and suspense in this book are something that I will not forget in a hurry. I liked that the author wrote with simplicity. She carried me along in the story by going from Central Florida to Western Massachusetts without boring me or causing confusion. Instead, she helped me keep both scenes in mind. I can’t wait to get my hands on the other Alice Ott Mystery series, as well as Dusty’s other books, so I can continue to enjoy this euphoria caused by her writing.

Furthermore, I’ve learned a lot from this book and its characters. One of the parts I enjoyed was some of the popular American comfort foods, such as mashed potatoes, mac, and cheese; particularly, these two Gerard claimed could be his comfort food. Another thing I got from the book, which came as an addition to what I already know, was that life is a mystery. We make plans and have worries, but something different seems to happen, as it happened to Alice after she made plans and worried over what to do during the pandemic. But she didn't realize that something else was beginning to take a course. Felicia defined it on page 65 as life being a mystery.

However, one thing I found negative about the book was that the author didn’t add a glossary for the French words used in the book. A glossary could have been added at the end of the book or just below the chapter where French words were used. This could have helped readers who do not understand French to understand what the author meant to say.

This is one of the best books I’ve read in a while. It was professionally edited, having just a few mistakes. Therefore, I will gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to those who enjoy mystery, adventure, suspense, and detective novels.

Danger Within
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I find it difficult to get over detective novels that have suspense in them. I am glad this review has that element of suspense in it. Awesome review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Investigative books are always suspense-filled which are my best . Good review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I like detective and investigative novels. There's always suspense within this kind of book and I like it. Good review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How does anyone, even Alice, know when they have discovered absolute truth? Thanks for the review.
Yevu Robert
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yevu Robert »

Don't actually like investigative books but this is a good review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller centered around whistleblowers and corruption within a corporation. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Silenteyes_11_6
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silenteyes-11-6.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey

Post by Silenteyes_11_6 »

The best part of the detective books is that they are suspense-filled and you can't keep the book away until you finish it. Would like to go and solve some mysteries with Alice and her members.
Thanks for the review!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book is an adventurous one and am certainly going to read it. Great review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”