Review of Supreme Threat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Supreme Threat

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Supreme Threat" by T.L. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered why the foreign relationship between world powers or technologically advanced countries is tense? With each working every day to create weapons completely capable of wiping out the other, it is only fair that they would be cautious and take precautions to protect their own. Supreme Threat: A Logan Alexander Thriller by T.L. Williams is an eye-opener to the struggles of immigrants who are discriminated against because of the actions of a select few.

Jason had been given a rare opportunity with an origin from an enemy country. But he was heavily manipulated by his father. Laurie had discovered too late that her parents were spies for North Korea, who had committed espionage. Billy had a suspicious background but still had clandestine dealings. They were all trapped in a cycle that betrayed the system and were punished for it by justice. This book reveals the hidden but obvious truth of how countries work against each other. Who can be trusted and who will betray who? Would friends be allies or would they find better options? The conflict was never avoidable in the first place and you would not know who it would hit upon its arrival.

This book was of great length but was also interesting to read. The mystery and the rush kept me on my toes and I know that any true thriller fan would appreciate it too. It had few errors of note and this showed that it was professionally edited. The language of the book is fresh, exciting, and easy to understand. And honestly, it was put together in a way that captured my attention from the very beginning till the last paragraph. The characters are carefully outlined to carry the burden of the story's flow and this works out as planned. The book starts well and flows without much disruption till the end.

The book had a few negative points to note. These included a prolonged storyline and plot, which I felt were unnecessary because it would be enjoyable to most readers if the book went straight to the point with minor delay. The plot was stretched to include removable elements and some past activities were revisited unnecessarily though not excessively.

Notwithstanding the negative points stated above, I am happy to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is due to its stellar editing and its elegant storyline. Also, its well-planned characters are hard to ignore. I recommend this book to mystery lovers and fans of thrillers, who like to analyze as they read. This book also has a tinge of murder and adventure. It will also be enjoyed by lovers of action fiction.

Supreme Threat
View: on Bookshelves
Iqra Rafiq 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

The question put at the very beginning of the review is something we all should ponder upon .why nuclear power countries have tension between them? Why there is always tension between technologically advanced nations, why there can't be peace between these nations. Although the reviewer honestly said the book has a lengthy plot, due to my busy schedule I'm not into long books but thanks for this great review
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The controversy between countries always pave way for destruction and hatred amongst the citizens of both countries. I love this review.
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I haven't been exposed to much thriller action fiction. I think this book will be a nice place to start from. Wonderful review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an interesting thriller that offers some food for thought about human tribalism and the harm that it's still doing today in a world in which wars can easily cause millions of deaths and a nuclear war could lead to humanity's extinction. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

This would be a great book to read. I would love to explore the lives of these immigrants. Thanks for the review!
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

espionage and conspiracy theories just my cup of tea, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The plot and perspective of the book is a good one. The author did a nice job. Good review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s hard to strike a balance between the safety of a country and the privacy of its citizens. I hope that Jason, Laurie, and the others can recover from what was done. Thanks for the review.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

The plot seems interesting and attracting for me as a thriller novels lover. However, I don't know if I will like the prolonged storyline 🤔 Thank you for your review ^^
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

The premise of this book sounds intriguing and quite unique. I'm interested to find out how the lives of these immigrants turn out and understand a different perspective of how countries work together. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”