Review of Just Die

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Review of Just Die

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Jake was learning to drive, his mom advised him never to flip off anyone with his middle finger when they provoked him. She told him to point at the person and whisper “just die” when he was angered. She thought this could help protect him from road rage. This became a habit for him, and he employed it fairly frequently—even as an adult.

Jake suffered a stroke and ended up in the hospital. While there, he had a roommate who was irritating him. He pointed his finger at him and whispered “just die,” and the other patient expired. Jake thought this was unusual but dismissed it as merely a coincidence. However, after pointing his finger at Kim Jong-un, who was on TV, and whispering “just die,” Kim Jong-un fell over and appeared to pass away. Jake believed this was perplexing but still didn’t realize he was responsible. Nonetheless, as time progresses, he has to acknowledge he possesses a paranormal ability. Is this a gift or a curse? If he wants to, is returning to his previous life an option anymore?

Just Die by E. Alan Fleischauer is a 256-page novel listed in the C/T/M/H genre. However, as mentioned previously, it includes some paranormal components as well. According to the author, “The book won First Prize in the Chanticler International Paranormal Thriller category beating out over one thousand manuscripts.” That is impressive, and I can certainly believe it after reading the novel. The author’s writing style is easy to understand and convincing. The story is written from the third-person point of view, from multiple perspectives, and the dialogue is believable. There are no dull moments. It begins with Jake waking up in the hospital with difficulty speaking and learning that he has had a stroke. From there, the tale continues with plenty of action and suspense with an unexpected twist occurring at the end of the book. A broad range of interesting characters flesh out the story and help keep it intriguing.

Occasional humor was woven into the story. The use of Mr. Fleischauer’s cabin was written into the tale. Needless to say, we don’t know if he really has this cabin or if it was fabricated specifically for the purpose of the novel; however, reading about it brought a smile to my face.

Only a few minor errors were encountered, and they didn’t interfere with my enjoyment of the book. Since there was nothing in this fascinating story that I could find fault with, I am thrilled to award Just Die four out of four stars. It is heartily recommended to readers who enjoy crime and espionage novels with plenty of action and some underlying paranormal features. Most of the pertinent questions were answered by the ending. However, one question was unanswered, which causes me to wonder if there will be a sequel later. Sensitive people need to be aware that definite profanity was encountered in the book. If that is a problem, then the reader might want to look elsewhere.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charleslee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charleslee »

Most times our actions becomes a habit,we should be guided by our actions or thinking. Good review
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

I am intrigued to know how all of this will pan out. As your review indicates, this is a fast-paced story which is my preferred reading for this genre. Thank you for a great review!
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

The plot of this book sounds intriguing. I love reading fast-paced thrillers with a little humor. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Charleslee wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 02:13 Most times our actions becomes a habit,we should be guided by our actions or thinking. Good review
You are so right; we start doing things out of habit and don't think about them. Thanks for reading my review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Fareed Regal wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 02:24 I am intrigued to know how all of this will pan out. As your review indicates, this is a fast-paced story which is my preferred reading for this genre. Thank you for a great review!
I hope you get a chance to read the novel. Thanks for stopping by!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Prarthna wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 06:28 The plot of this book sounds intriguing. I love reading fast-paced thrillers with a little humor. Thanks for the wonderful review.
I think you would enjoy the book. Thanks for sharing your comments!
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Wow, what a weird supernatural ability indeed! Great review.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

That is a scary power to have - the ability to point at someone, whisper "just die", and they do. This story sounds like an interesting adventure.
saintmichael452
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by saintmichael452 »

This book got me on the edge even though have not read it but it got me thinking from the little I read...In this part of the world I come from Which happens to be Africa,if a kid starts acting up like this,it will be concluded that the kid is diabolical or his birth is not ordinary and people will start avoiding the kid instantly...
mark liu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by mark liu »

Although the plot initially does seem a little cliche (almost like the plot from Polaroid or other “cheap” horror), I’m sure the author has put their own twist on the narrative. They do sound like a thoroughly interesting person! Excited to start reading to say the least.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

sounds like a unique crime novel,
great review.
:tiphat:
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Ekezie1998 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 11:49 Wow, what a weird supernatural ability indeed! Great review.
Yes, it is a unique take on supernatural abilities. Thanks for stopping by!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Rachael S 1 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 16:28 That is a scary power to have - the ability to point at someone, whisper "just die", and they do. This story sounds like an interesting adventure.
Yes, I don't care to have that ability. :lol: I appreciate you reading my review. Thanks!
Maryam N 2
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-n-2.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Maryam N 2 »

It sounds intriguing. I have been looking for a good paranormal book to add to my TBR list and I'm glad I found this. Im looking forward to read this.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”