Review of Chindi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Chindi

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chindi" by Timothy Bryan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chindi by Timothy Bryan is a fiction book that tells the story of an evil curse that keeps coming back to seek revenge against natives of an Indian tribe. Abraham and Billy's gold-hunting expedition turns to one of horror and terror. Chindi, a demonic orchestrator of death, was born. Along with his growing army of demons, he yearned for revenge on humans they encountered in the village and its environs. Lieutenant Crook, aided by Chief Hakan, head of the natives, teamed up with a few survivors from Fort Hollenbush's attack to seek and destroy the root cause of the evil that had befallen them. Hakan seems to know more than he is letting on about Chindi. Suspicions, altercations, attacks, and deaths mark the group's eventful journey in their quest to defeat Chindi and his army, hence, bring a much-needed solution to the demon's menace.

This book is intriguing. The scene, characters, and themes were described in a very detailed manner that it felt like I was viewing a movie. Loraine is one character I enjoyed reading. He was brave, supportive, and discerning. It did not come as a surprise to me when his instincts were proven right. This book also has an element of suspense. The reader is kept on edge concerning the possibility of Hakan's exposure. Also, the reader is left pensive about the fate of the receptive Christian family, the Claytons. There was a hint of romance in the book, as a bond grows strong between two important group members. The union will serve a great purpose in the future. This book ended on a thrilling note. There is a hint on the preceding events, and the reader can only imagine how much havoc Chindi would cause.

I found nothing negative about this book. The author skillfully presented this book in a way that still keeps "Chindi" as the main character while talking about other very strong characters.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn't find a single grammatical error in the whole text. It was exceptionally well edited, and I commend the author for a thorough job.

This book tells a story of horror and killings. Readers who may not mentally accept this book as mere fiction should not read it. Readers who enjoy horror novels will find the book fascinating. Younger readers should be protected from the vices in this book.

Chindi
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I'm always fascinated about the way an author thinks before writing a horror book. This story seems quite interesting to me and makes me curious to know more about it. Thanks for the amazing review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging horror novel with an intriguing storyline and interesting characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”