Review of Rogue Justice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Rogue Justice

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rogue Justice" by Ben Nicholls.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A lot of people support jungle Justice as a form of checking indiscipline in a nation. They are not satisfied with the regular court proceeding, which is sometimes corrupted. Therefore, they seek Justice. Rogue Justice by Ben Nicholls is a 432-page fictional novel that explores the themes of revenge, media, murder, investigation, and so on.

A murder is committed, followed by a series of murders. Technically, this drew the attention of the investigative team, led by detective Englund and detective Hicks, who were very concerned, as this was not their typical murder case. However, one fortunate clause was that the killer left clues on each of his victims. It is now up to the detectives to decode their meanings. Detective Englund, who had already employed the services of a rookie named Sammy in finding out about the killer, got more enraged when the killer targeted his son, Harry. Read this book to find out who the killer was, his motive, and other exciting secrets in the book.

Using an inorganic plot in a novel could be very stressful, but its end is stunning. The perfect and most essential part would be each scattered part forming a straight, meaningful, and understandable storyline at the end of the book. At first, one may feel bored at how disarranged the plot was, but everything started taking shape towards the ending part of the book. This also helped in a heightened suspenseful feeling. The drive and want to find out the true identity of the murderer would surely keep readers stuck to the book.

The book was highly descriptive. Details of objects and events were properly given, which facilitated imagery. The author also included various figurative devices such as simile and metaphor, making the book more beautiful.

Detective Englund was a brilliant officer. He thinks out of the box, putting himself in the criminal shoes to decipher the killer’s next action. That was admirable. I must still make mention of Detective Hicks. His silence till the very end and ability to hide his true feelings was shocking. Parts of the book were hilarious, such as when the narrator described Victoria’s standard poses and the conversational style of youths nowadays. They were all relatable.

I didn’t particularly appreciate that the book contained too many supporting characters that I felt were unnecessary. It was quite a challenge remembering them all.

Apart from that, the book was superb. Its subtopics matched, and it was fun reading it. Also, I learned some real-life lessons. For these reasons, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars. It was also professionally edited, as I encountered only a single error.

I recommend this novel to people that love crime and murder thrillers. Apart from the level of violence and profanity it contained, it would make an excellent read for just anyone.

Rogue Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

As an enthusiast of this genre, you have given enough insights in your review for me to add this book to my to-read list. I am particularly interested to find out more about the "silent detective". Thanks for a great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I don't have a problem with violence if it's part of the story and in a crime thriller some violence can be expected, so this novel seems appealing. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The theme of the book is captivating, Englund is determined to solve the murder cases. Thanks for your review.
Duha Khan
Currently Reading: Rogue Justice
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Duha Khan »

Oooh, the plot seems like a lot of fun! I made up a story very similar to this one. A serial murderer on the loose. I love crime and police genres. Definitely going to read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”