Review of Luke's Visitor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Luke's Visitor

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Luke's Visitor" by Patrick Barrins.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever experienced something that contradicts what you believe? You find it hard to believe, but for some reason, you can't seem to let it go. Luke's Visitor by Patrick Barrins takes the reader through Luke's journey on unraveling the reason behind a mysterious visitation.

Luke at the age of sixty, lived alone with his collie, Kirsty. His wife had left him for another man after fourteen years of marriage. On the twelfth of November, Luke had the strangest of experiences at Colinton Dell. He saw a ghostly figure. The figure had a metal disc with some numbers that Luke couldn't identify. After this experience, Luke set out to find out everything concerning the number written on the disc. The book also takes the reader back to the war against the Nazis for the liberation of Italy, involving the allied forces and partisans. Grab a copy of this book to find out what Luke's discovery is about this strange visitor.

The book was phenomenal. I loved reading every second of it. It contained subplots that were well-developed and thrilling. I had a lot to learn from Arianna's story. I was emotional about Jim and Claire's story. The romantic relationship between Peter and Arianna was also something to adore. I enjoyed the historical aspect of the book. I learned a lot about the Nazi invasion and occupation of Italy. I also admired the bravery of the partisans and allied forces in ensuring the liberation of Italy. The author did a good job with the details of the war. It shows that the book is well-researched. The author's use of words for descriptions was exceptional. The descriptions gave a very vivid imagination and gave a real-life setting.

The only thing I disliked about the book was the errors I encountered. They were not very numerous, but they were enough to get a reader concerned. The errors I encountered could have been easily avoided. Another round of editing would be beneficial to the book. Nevertheless, the book had several positive aspects. It had major and minor characters that were well-developed. The characters' roles were also clearly expressed. Scenes in the book were also well-developed. A character I admired a lot in the book was Arianna. She was a very brave woman. The book contained several thought-provoking themes. Some of the themes in the book are love, war, revenge, betrayal, patriotism, motherhood, etc.

The book lacks professional editing. I encountered several errors while reading the book. The storyline was captivating and compelling. The author's writing style was also engaging. It saddens me to deduct a star from the rating of this book due to the errors I encountered while reading it. I'm therefore rating Luke's Visitor by Patrick Barrins 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of war and fantasy stories.

Admin Note: This book has since been through a final round of editing since the publication of the review.

Luke's Visitor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Interesting storyline. Lovers of fantasy and war stories will most definitely enjoy this one. Great review.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I always enjoy a good suspense thriller piece of work and this one seems quite intriguing to me. Thanks for the review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

A pity about the errors. The storyline sounds fascinating, and I would love to read it. Congrats on botd.
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”