Review of A Murder in Brownsville

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Review of A Murder in Brownsville

Post by Nonso Ok »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Murder in Brownsville" by Donald Steven Collins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Murder In Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins is an exceptional work of crime and mystery fiction. It is an exciting and educative book, which kept me glued from the beginning to the end.

The story started when two cold-case detectives, Steve Danski and Gregory Litchfield, were assigned to investigate a 5-year-old homicide case. With the help of their friends and other detectives, especially Captain Quinn, they investigated the case, which led them to question and interrogate some suspects.

The detectives encountered many obstacles before Darlene Moore gave her story of what she witnessed on 10th February 2014. After this, Darnell became the prime suspect for the murder of Rashad Ramshaw. Danski and Litchfield placed a warrant of arrest on him and went after him. Were they able to catch him? Were they able to arrest him? Were they able to make him surrender alive? I encourage you to get a copy of this book to find out.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. I loved the solid detective work which was portrayed in this book. This can be seen from the way Danski and Litchfield were always able to investigate people's whereabouts. This story is fascinating. The plot naturally unfolded from one chapter to another, and the narrative technique was brilliant. I believe any reader with an interest in fiction would find the author's fantastic narrative skill intriguing. The level of intelligence portrayed in this book is impressive; even though the homicide case was five years old, the detectives did an amazing job trying to solve it, but were they able to solve it? I like the fact that this book kept me anticipating and guessing what would happen next. I was able to create vivid images and pictures of all that went on in the book while I read it; for instance, I had no problem following Darnell's pursuit because I could paint a vivid image of it. I also love that the characters were dynamic. The dynamic traits in their personalities made way for realistic representations in the book. I also found the language of this book relatively easy to understand because I did not have any difficulty understanding the words used in this book. I was also able to learn a few new words from this book like Nefarious, Iffy, Spooked, Fledgling, Supremacist, Prune, and so on.

I tried so hard to find a negative aspect to this book, but I found none. I found minimal errors in this book; this shows that it was professionally edited.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because I enjoyed every aspect of it, and the language was so easy to understand.

I recommend this book to lovers of crime and mystery fiction. Also, those who enjoy reading fiction, in general, would find this book fascinating.

A Murder in Brownsville
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

The title of the novel is catchy, i loved the solid detective work which was portrayed in this book. I will be adding this to my book to read
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

This was such a nice review! It convinced me to immediately put this book on my TBR pile! It's been a while since I've read something of this genre. :)
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Sounds thrilling and full of action. Thank you for the great review. I added the book to my book list. Excited to read it 😁
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

All the action is enticing. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The story seems quite intriguing to me and I always enjoy a well written crime thriller novel. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

The review implies that there are a few twists and turns before the case is actually solved. Should make for an interesting read. Well done on a very detailed review.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. I'm curious about how Steve Danski and Gregory Litchfield will solve the murder of Rashad.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

Interesting book,I would love to read. Great review.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

I always enjoy detective stories, they get me thrilled. For some reasons, I feel like Darnell is not the culprit here. I'll get a copy of this book to clear my doubt. Thanks for an interesting review.
BruceP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucep.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by BruceP »

Crime and mystery is a great genre. I would love to read it some day. Thanks for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging mystery that keeps the readers' interest until the end with a well-constructed plot. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”