Review of Doctor Mosquito

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Doctor Mosquito

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctor Mosquito" by Richard C. Dellinger, Narrator Douglas Sanders.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Peter Birch was a well-known drunk, a maintenance man, and an irresponsible fellow in his area. He had always lived his life the way he could afford to with his daughter, Sadie. Ever since the death of Peter's wife, he turned a low life and tried to escape his identity. He did his best to change his ways and live as a better father to his daughter, Sadie, who was the only hope of his life. However, a birthday present and a strange interview brought his past calling and sent him on an intriguing medical journey to save humanity and those he truly loved.

In Doctor Mosquito, Richard C. Dellinger wrote an intriguing science fiction novel embodying an intense story that took a glimpse into the future. The constant technological advancements and the possible increase in evolution were highlighted in the story, and that made it even more enjoyable. The discoveries made by the medical and biological world could also be seen from the pages of the book.

The book had a good number of positive points. I loved that it had a lot of plot twists and was so suspenseful that it kept me glued to its pages until the end. These factors made the book very interesting and fun to read. The author also utilised the 'villain and hero' format mostly seen in movies to make the reader understand the novel using his imagination. In addition, the author showed an excellent mastery of the medical, animal touring, scientific research, and FBI fields. This is so because the book did its best to explain how everything in those fields works. It was so simplified that a novice will encounter no stress trying to understand the plot of the story. The book also exposed another possible angle of a bio-war that can lead to the extinction of humans.

On the other hand, I didn't quite appreciate the underdevelopment of certain characters. The end of the book was somewhat inconclusive as the major problem in the story didn't seem to have been solved, and that got me a bit confused.

Given the quality work done in the book, I'll give it a 4 out of 4 stars rating. This is because the book was interesting, concise, and suspenseful. I didn't give it a lower rating because it's my opinion that the good qualities of the book greatly outweighed the negative ones.

The book is recommended to readers who appreciate investigative novels. Lovers of science fiction and superhero novels will find the book interesting.

*This is a review of the audiobook version of this book, "Doctor Mosquito" by Richard C. Dellinger, Narrator Douglas Sanders.*

Doctor Mosquito
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It would be hard for me to go on and to find purpose if my husband passed away like Peter’s wife. Fortunately my son is much older than Sadie, so I wouldn’t need to worry about how my actions affected him. The sci-fi element included sounds very interesting.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

It's saddening how Peter's wife passed on. I like how he didn't let grief get a hold of him rather, he wanted to be more for his daughter. Hopefully I get to read this book and see how everything plays out. Nice review
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Peter showed the most courage by striving to become a better father for his daughter. It sounds like this will be a great read. Great review.
QualityAndQuantity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qualityandquantity.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by QualityAndQuantity »

I'm always fascinated by sci-fi fantasy novels, and this one has got me intrigued from just the small summary of the review. I'll definitely check it out. Great review.
Jesumodupe_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jesumodupe_ »

He just did what a good father would have done. It is of rare situations to see a man moved on with it life after the death of his wife and for such individual to be determined to give his only daughter the best life. I will say that this is a very interesting novel. Kuddo.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

When I read the title I thought it would be a about animals but I am rather intrigued by the concept and sci-fi books are captivating. Thanks for the review
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The death of a loved one affects our minds and the way we relate to our environment. Peter is an interesting character, and I would love to know the outcome of the journey that he embarked on. Good review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'm still intrigued by the title of this book. Sounds interesting. Great review!
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Funny title but not my typical genre. Great review
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

Peter birch is not a generic character, he is quite unique. The book delves into his journey of saving humanity after he received a gift during his daughter's birthday. In my opinion, this would be a good read. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel that blends different elements from various genres with twists in the storyline. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ronnie Comendador 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronnie Comendador 1 »

I really appreciate this investigative novels,! I will add it to my book shelves..thanks for the nice review..
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

I don't see how the name of the book "Doctor Mosquito" plays out in the description of the book, but your review is soothing and makes me interested in the book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”