Review of Seattle Earthquakes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Review of Seattle Earthquakes

Post by Joyful17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seattle Earthquakes" by Dewain Savage.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The devastating effects of earthquakes can linger for years. Availability of help can influence the survival rate of trapped victims. Seattle Earthquakes by Dewain Savage provides in-depth details of high magnitude earthquakes in Seattle.

Bill Rogers and his family were having fun on horseback while vacationing at Ocean Shores when an earthquake struck. It suddenly stopped after four minutes, but Bill knew that a tsunami should be expected. In good fortune, the family managed to flee the doomed zone. Earlier, Bill had written a code that was fundamental to communication between the military and the emergency center of Seattle. However, a glitch in the software made it imperative for Bill to be found before the communication lines could be opened, which would tremendously aid disaster relief efforts. While aftershocks were ongoing, Russell happened to witness a shocking scene. Thereafter, a revelation of the facts made him a target for a determined criminal.

This book is well organized and descriptive. I could mentally picture the events being described in the narrative. I could feel the panic, fear, and despair experienced by the victims.

It was intriguing to read about how people lent a helping hand to others in distress. Several times, Russell came across people who were trying to rescue loved ones. It was beautiful to see how he helped others despite the urgency of his situation. I was particularly touched by Gordon's efforts to restore the life of a 2-year-old baby who had stopped breathing after being stuck in the rubble for a while.

I would describe this book as suspenseful. Locating Bill Rogers seemed to be an impossible task. I was practically glued to the book as I wondered if he would ever be found. I also held my breath as Bill and his family were accosted by armed robbers. My most favorite part of the book is the touching stories about past earthquakes. One of these can be found on page 108. I found them very much engaging and captivating.

I also appreciate the beautiful lessons contained in the book. The kindness and moral strength of Bill and his family helped many to remain alive. I have no dislikes about this book. It was well written and professionally edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be the first book in a series because the story ends in a cliffhanger. Readers who have survived through earthquakes and others who desire vivid descriptions of events during and after earthquakes will find this book enlightening.

Seattle Earthquakes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

I plan to read this book. I am curious as to how the author will intertwine science and storytelling. A great review my friend!
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

This would be a good read. It has been a long time since I read about earthquakes. I would definitely need this book
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This seems like a great read. Thank you for the review.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

Great review. I have never read something about earthquakes. Seems interesting.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”