Review of Silent Partner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Review of Silent Partner

Post by Jodeci 007 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Silent Partner" by antonio commisso.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On a dreadful day in December 1984, Frank D'Antonio would lose the most influential person in his life, his father, Joseph D'Antonio, in a drive-by shooting. After that, Frank goes on to invest over a decade's worth of hard work to keep his father's company successful. Nonetheless, his elder brothers, Angelo and Carmen, go behind his back to mastermind the sale of the company to V.T.C. Paragon. Frustrated by his inability to do anything to stop the sale, Frank travels to Florida to clear his head. A changed identity, a job working as a bartender in a hotel his family formerly owned, and a couple of accidental deaths throw Frank into the thick of things while a mystery that began twelve years ago in 1984 is uncovered.

In Silent Partner, Antonio Commisso brilliantly takes us through a well-fleshed-out mystery story that follows the main character that we can all connect with. Frank's story brings to mind many of the struggles a lot of us face on the journey toward self-discovery. As it dawns on him that he has lost his father's company, regardless of the money he has, Frank struggles with knowing who he really is without the money and the influence his father has built. He feels the need to prove himself and soon finds himself in a world he isn't used to, with people treating him very differently, including the women that were easily attracted to him initially but not after he changed his identity. I enjoyed the author's portrayal of this aspect of Frank's life and found how he applied the lessons his father taught him enlightening, especially on investing in people and the importance of loyalty, friendship, and respect.

As the story progressed, the author expertly revealed just enough to keep the reader engaged at every point in the story. I can tell you that all the deaths in the book are connected, and things go even deeper to involve politics in both the U.S and Colombia, but you will have to pick up a copy of this exciting read to uncover the mystery for yourself and see the role Frank plays in it all. The imminent danger that Frank faced also created a lot of tension that kept me on the edge of my seat, and the author's focus on describing each scenario in detail put me right in the middle of the action.

Also, the story includes elements of romance. After a failed marriage in his previous life, Frank overcomes his trust issues when he falls in love with Stacy, another character who has also had her fair share of heartbreak. Frank is also tested when he is forced to contend with exposing his true identity to Stacy while worrying about her safety. All of these elements were well combined to create a fast-paced tale that I couldn't put down.

The only negative aspect of the book revolved around editing since I found a lot of errors while reading. Punctuation errors made up the bulk of the errors, and the book would have been a perfect read if they were excluded. Therefore, I rate Silent Partner three out of four stars. I would recommend this book to lovers of murder mysteries and thrillers. If you enjoy suspenseful reads, this book will suit you as well.

Silent Partner
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How many of us think about starting over, but don’t do it? Frank has to have a lot of self-confidence not only to do this, but to try so hard to maintain his father’s company. I wonder about the resulting relationship with his brothers.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I must commend your review. I believe that this story is a wonderful one cos I want to know what mystery is to be uncovered.
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Judyread »

I love reading romantic mysteries but the number of errors in this book means I would have to wait for an updated version of this book
fezile Shabangu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fezile Shabangu »

I hadn't heard of this author, but was looking for something new to hold my interest on a long flight. The price was right (kindle version) so I said what the heck. I was pleasantly surprised with this great read. You feel the emotions experienced by Frank, the main character, throughout the story. It holds your attention from the first paragraph to the last. Anyone who was raised in a traditional Italian family will immediately relate to the honor, loyalty and intrigue imbedded in the storyline. Makes me wonder how much of the suppposedly fictitious tale really is founded in fact...

One question: Will there be a sequel? If so, when?
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

I like how the life of Frank unfolded, it is something I can relate to.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller thanks to the author revealing information bit by bit to keep the reader's interest alive. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”