Review of Red Teddy Bear Candles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Red Teddy Bear Candles

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Red Teddy Bear Candles" by Margot Pickard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Red Teddy Bear Candles had everything a book needed to keep you wanting to read to the end, even sacrificing sleep for much-needed answers. Margot Pickard spared no expense in providing entertainment as he delved into a deranged mind.

Jessica McCallum is formerly known as Megan McCallum. It is a required change of name to help her deal with her past trauma. When a party invite goes wrong, her monsters are awakened. To what length will the voices in her head take her? Who is going to be the necessary sacrifice for her ultimate life goal?

Hats off to the author; she created a beautiful piece of writing. When I turned the first few pages, I knew I would be occupied for a while. The delivery was exquisite, and her style of providing answers before the question was enticing. The reader would know something had happened but would want to know how and why. Usually, such style would make less room for suspense, but it was never a problem here.

The main character, Jessica, is a living nightmare. She is the type of lady you don't want to be under her radar. She is an intelligent psychopath with the look to boot — a classic femme fatale. As a psychologist, she has no qualms about manipulating her desired targets, mainly males. Her penchant for murder as a desired solution leaves no room for doubt about the state of her mind. She leaves carnage in her wake. Please read this book to get the details of her escapades.

The cliffhanger at the end was a bit torturous for me. It left room for speculation. I understood the reason why the author did so. She wanted the reader to develop their desired ending because different people would have different speculated endings.

The effects of abuse in any form can not be understated. They leave lasting scars and sometimes take a lifetime to fix. Some recover while some never do, choosing to embrace the demons birthed from trauma. Jessica is an example of the latter, and even after seeing her actions, I still feel sorry for her. This is a testament to the author's ability to create relatable characters.

Red Teddy Bear Candles was an exciting book with minor errors in editing. I couldn't find anything negative in the book. Therefore, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It delivered on its intended promise.

I recommend this book to crime and mystery readers because it has those elements in abundance. Also, readers looking for a thrill of the psychological kind are welcome to delve into Jessica's mind. Considering the sexual content, I recommend it to only mature readers.

Red Teddy Bear Candles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I would enjoy that questions are answered before they are asked. Such tactics help build the anticipation and intrigue. Well done on the review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How did Jessica get to be a psychologist? Isn’t there some kind of screening process? Nevertheless, her intelligence has to be admired, even if she uses it in the wrong way. It must be easy for her to find gullible marks.
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gina_rae73 »

I'm intrigued by the storyline.By reading the intrductuon, this novel seems just the precise amount of mystery and thrills to be good read. Looking forward to it.
:ecrivain: Gina Rae :gaah:
Leandrea Brown
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Leandrea Brown »

Just by reading this review on this book has pulled me into it is very intriguing and I love a good book that makes me ask questions and that keeps me on edge I’m very excited to see what’s going on in Jessica’s mind and to meet her inner demons
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Its a great book and the review went as i presumed the book will be. I love that the book is very engaging. Thank you for your review
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Female, intelligent, psychologist, psychopath, does that combine?
Good review!
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing crime thriller with an important psychological dig into the protagonists' minds, including some dark sides. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”