Review of Prisoner Prodigal Pawn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Review of Prisoner Prodigal Pawn

Post by Rhodahams »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prisoner Prodigal Pawn" by Robert Sparkman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prisoner Prodigal Pawn: Is Life Pulled by Faith or Pushed By Luck? by Robert Sparkman is a fast-paced fictional novel that explores diverse topics like corruption, family problems, greed, and betrayal, among others. Filled with so many twists and turns, the story focuses on Elton Mozingo. Elton is a man on a mission, which is to clear the name of his innocent father, who has been imprisoned for murder.

However, things take an ugly turn when Elton suddenly finds himself on the run following the death of a colleague he had just finished having sex with in the office during Bill Baxter's party. Elton becomes a murder suspect as he is judged to be the last person seen with the deceased. How does he get himself out of this?

Elton and his brother, Charles, who had embarked on a mission to prove their father's innocence, quickly find out that the people running this evil legal empire will stop at nothing to protect it, even if it means eliminating humans. Are they able to clear their father's name?

The book has a lot of positive aspects, and it was also beautifully crafted. The descriptions were vivid and beautiful. The characterization was beautifully done with complicated characters like Charles, Oda, Kylee, and Elton, who were well developed. I especially liked Oda Raines. She proves that in our world today, no one can be trusted, and the author does amazingly well in using her character to evoke emotions in me. I saw myself willing the Mozingos to succeed and also wanting the evil Baxter Law Firm to crash to pieces, and this only happens when good characterization immerses you into the story.

The book had many dominant themes like corruption, greed, family issues, and even the marriage of the Baxters also provided the theme of a failed marriage. The book is also filled with suspense as we are kept on the edge, waiting to discover whether Elton will make it. Another positive aspect of the book is its comprehensive language which helps the reader to go with the flow without interruptions to look up words. The book has no grammatical errors, a testament to professional editing. I enjoyed everything about the book.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and this is because I consider it a literary masterpiece. I found nothing to dislike about this book. It had a good blend of mystery, murder, and crime. I recommend it to lovers of thrillers and anyone in search of a good murder mystery.

Prisoner Prodigal Pawn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It seems to me that trying to help anyone just gets you deeper into trouble. (That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t help.) I really like good descriptions and good character development is essential.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A immersive story, but sounds not quite interesting. Thank you for a nice review!
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

This storyline of this book is quite interesting. Going against top ones in power can really get you in trouble.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Being greedy is very bad, we must learn to give out some of our properties. There is a saying what ever we give must return to us

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”