Review of Dark Water

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Dark Water

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dark Water" by Evan Graver.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dark Water (A Ryan Weller Thriller Book 1) by Evan Graver is a fascinating book that will ensure that a reader does not just read the story as told by the author but by the characters. With the right blend of suspense and intrigue, Evan shows a story that will keep readers guessing what will happen next and, at the same, defy readers' guesses. The language of the book is also simple and easy to understand for an average reader.

There are several positive aspects of the book. First, the book is a product of the research and experience of the author. Evan showed a wealth of knowledge about the operation of the military, government, and anti-government. This made the book realistic. Added to this is the fact that the author describes several events in great detail, thereby ensuring that the readers feel like the events in the story are happening at the moment. Evan shows the strength and flaws of each character as humans without projecting the major characters as superhumans. The suspense employed by the author is beyond this world. For example, every average reader would be interested to know how Ryan and Mango would survive in a country full of men with Ryan's picture who nothing will give satisfaction like delivering Ryan's head to Arturo on a platter.

Evan Graver told a story of a man whose job is to investigate the activities of pirates on the sea, but he discovers a link between this and the various suicide bombings that have been going on in the US and that have even claimed the lives of the parents of his friend. He realizes that the men connected with the activities are highly placed men that the government would not be willing to go after. He decides to put an end to this, but before he goes after them, these men realize his moves and will do everything possible to eliminate anybody who has the slightest suspicion of their activities.

On the other hand, some groups of Americans aid the Muslim terrorist groups in bombing citizens of America. Even the Muslim terrorist group wonders why they are being helped by Americans in reducing the population of America. When Ryan Weller suspects this, he engages in an investigation that will set him against the strongest forces in the world that swear to send him to Hell.

If there are any negative aspects of the book, it should be the fact that the book is divided into several chapters with an average of five pages each.

There are a few errors contained in the book, an attestation of the professional manner employed in editing the book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars despite the sole negative aspect identified. This is due to the intriguing manner in which the author told the interesting story. I recommend this book to people who love stories involving military investigation and suspense.

Dark Water
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

What an interesting storyline. I like the fact that the author gave a detailed description of the events and the inclusion of suspense. I'd like to know the force supporting the Muslim terrorists that Ryan is against.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The book is centered on the research and experience of the Evan, the author. Military, government, and anti-government operations were discussed. Nice review
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

The review above is quite a door-opener to the storyline though it is missing the word 'time' in the first paragraph. Sounds like the thriller is a work of good research that should make one understand the dynamics of some nation's terrorist wars abroad while the actual instigators are living right in their midst. Makes one re-think if the media stories are genuine or a hogwash.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

"The suspense employed by the author is beyond this world. " - I want to know more about this when I read the book. Thanks for the great review!
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

This will be a good read; it is interesting that the author based the book on his research and experience.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

What an interesting story with a captivating storyline. The suspense in this book makes it more interesting. Great review.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

A well detailed book with a huge touch of suspense is definitely a must read.
Thanks for the review.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

At first glance at the book cover and title, I thought this book was about shark attacks. But, the more I read your review, I am not sure I was far off. I'm not sure if it's true that America helps the Muslim but I would hope that wasn't true. Great review!
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

A well-written suspense-filled book sounds like a good time for me. Thank you for the excellent review!
siya mbudwana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by siya mbudwana »

What an interesting storyline. I like the fact that the author gave a detailed description of the events and the inclusion of suspense. I'd like to know the force supporting the Muslim terrorists that Ryan is against.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

I like that the author shared great knowledge about how the military works. That is something am interested in. Thanks for the review.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I've never heard the idea before of pirates connected to terrorism. This book seems original and has all the elements of an entertaining crime thriller.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

There's a lot in this novel with terrorists helped by Americans with ramifications that go who knows where for a suspenseful story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

The research that went into this book definitely shows and the writer made a great story out of it. There is suspense, action, an invested storyline and a captivating story line - what more would you need?

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”