Review of Alternative To Divorce

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Review of Alternative To Divorce

Post by Timothee22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alternative To Divorce" by julius Kane.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alternative To Divorce by Julius Kane is a story about a man losing his wife through a divorce. He never saw it coming and would rather use an alternative method to get his love back.

Charles had been on a restraining order. He had to leave his confinement one day to check up on his wife. He found out that his wife, Shareese, had been going out with someone else. As if that wasn't enough, Shareese had filed for divorce. Charles was angry and surprised at the same time, and he thought he could sit with his wife and talk about it; maybe she might change her mind. Charles later realized that Shareese's mind had been made up, and she would not come back to his life. He realized life would be meaningless without his wife. He planned on how he would get his wife back, but he would not do it in the way she wanted. What plan did Charles carry out?

Alternative To Divorce by Julius Kane is a story influenced by black culture and community. I listened to the audiobook version, and the book was beautifully narrated by Ja'air Bush. The author has written a couple of books, including this one, and I really love his writing style.

One thing I love about this book is that I was able to understand the fact that money cannot buy everything. Also, a woman might marry for money but not for love. Such marriages are prone to divorces or fights. So, one might think that one can buy everything, including love, but then realize how wrong it is. That was the case with Charles and his wife, Shareese. Charles has all the money, yet he is lonely.

Also, I got to understand the extent to which one could go or do to fight for love and intimacy. I got to see, through Charles, the horror of loneliness and the emotional trauma of such. Also, I could see that self-esteem plays a role in one's love life. Charles thought he was not good enough, and instead of moving on, he resulted in some drastic, deadly acts. I also got to understand the importance of friendship. Friends are emotional support that could provide safety and solace when one needs it.

I had a great time reading this book. There was nothing I disliked about it. The book was also exceptionally edited because I found no errors. Therefore, I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys stories of marital challenges and violence.

Alternative To Divorce
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

Sadly divorce is becoming too regular in our society today. I hope Charles is able to get his wife back, it is clear he still loves her. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Rachael Thandeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rachael Thandeka »

Divorce used to be a taboo issue years back ,but now it's becoming a normal thing what Charles is experiencing it's sad cause he didn't see this divorce coming ..this book it's the best I give it 4 out 4
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Unfortunately, many men don't show their wives the attention they deserve and are shocked at having a problem. These only see a problem when they end up alone.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Timothee22 wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 04:50 Also, a woman might marry for money but not for love.
I don't quite get your statement here. I know that marrying for money doesn't always work as money can't buy love, but women marry for love. Love wins all things. I might need to read the book to get a clearer picture, but could you clarify the above sentence for me please? I'd like to understand what you mean.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about this novel because trouble marriages, and even more divorced couples, are not my thing, but this seems like a good story that digs into the protagonists' minds. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”