Review of 2048: Demockracy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Review of 2048: Demockracy

Post by Tony Official »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "2048: Demockracy" by Peter Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2048: Demockracy is an exciting, thrilling book set in the future, 2048. England is seen caught in the throes of the coronavirus, cultural change, racism, and dictatorship. How do you survive in a world where speaking an opinion is seen as hate speech and then a crime? In a world where even private musings uttered in the safety of your home are not private? Peter Moore, in this book, calls readers' attention to the extremely probable culmination of the events in the world today.

Rose Cromwell, Britain's first woman black prime minister, won the election on the wings of feminism and the rising levels of matriarchy. Her government, in championing the 'woke' culture, provides AI intelligence for everything, digital assistants in homes who report back to the government, AI panels, and holographic images, severely limiting the freedom of the citizens and slowly slipping into dictatorship. Eric, a conservative geriatric, appalled at the state of the state, falls into the hands of an officer and unknowingly kickstarts a revolution. When protests begin to rise, spearheaded by two passionate women, 'mother' begins to strike back and thus began a tale of war, murders, betrayals, pain, and death.

2048: Demockracy is one of the best books I've read in a while, and I absolutely enjoyed it. The storytelling style was really gripping, and I was totally immersed in this story. The book clearly presents the difference in generational culture. Eric, who had lived a century, was constantly horrified at the descent and moral depravity of the recent world. I liked how social media and the internet are recognised as the menace they could be and the clear description of how the culture of the internet could easily be an instrument for chaos and violence.

I also liked how the author clearly showed Cromwell's descent from a woman with great dreams to a selfish, self-serving cruel dictator. In Chapter 3, she sheds a tear in horror at the death of Blair, but by Chapter 15, she easily orders that women and children be shot. This clearly illustrates how even the best and most driven politician can get corrupted. I also liked how the author liberally sprinkled Latin and French phrases throughout the book. I learned a few new ones. The author also told the story in such a beautiful manner that I was drawn into the book and could easily relate to the characters. All in all, being a non-fan of futuristic books, I started reading this book with low hopes. However, I was pleasantly surprised by its turnout.

I didn't really dislike a lot about this book. I think the author did a good job with it. However, the book had quite a slow starting to it, and with the first few pages, it was easy to get bored.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Despite the bumpy beginning, when the book progressed, it became really amazing.

I recommend this book to anyone that loves futuristic books.

2048: Demockracy
View: on Bookshelves
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

From this review, the author's writing style is quite unique. I love the storyline and the plot of this book, and I will love to read it. There's a lot of relevance within this contents of thia crime fiction. Thanks for your honest review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I can see the beginnings of opinion as hate speech even now. Anyone with an Alexa unit can tell you they get ads after a private conversation in their own home. It's starting now.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book creates a mirror picture of what is happening now. Racism, hate speech, dictatorship, crime, are all seen today.
Vero ang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Vero ang »

This book shows how governments in the future may turn into dictatorships, using AI tech. to spy and control the masses
Nice review
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I can tolerate a slow start as long as the overall book is good, I love the premise and your review was fantastic. Definitely picking this up.
it is what it is ....
Matthews Gali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthews-gali.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Matthews Gali »

I would like to read this story because it appears to be unique. The first black lady prime minister part seem intriguing. Thanks for the review.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The author did a good job, and I'd love to read this book because of its captivating storyline. There are a lot salient themes within the book. Thanks for your honest review.
AchitsawaMbakaya
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AchitsawaMbakaya »

Quite a window into today's Rights contradictions. On one hand,there is intricate legal values that guarantee us the freedom to think freely;but on the other hand is an implied gag order that seeks to protect the rights of others....

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”