Review of Your Name is Light

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Your Name is Light

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Name is Light" by Tenaya Metzler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Name is Light by Tenaya Metzler is a thought-provoking and imaginative fictional work that mirrors the world and the current happenings in it. It is centered around the life of a twenty-three-year-old nurse, Alina Dixon, whose rather normal and uneventful life became complicated after encountering a dying politician and an assassin who was on Interpol's list of most wanted persons, Vadik Antonov. What everyone thought was an accidental attack turned out to be rather planned and calculated. The attack attracted one of the best teams in the FBI, and they all swooned in to make headway in all the chaos that might turn out to be a global threat. Will that be possible if there was really a greater force backing everything?

Blane Burns was part of a UK special forces team. He had tracked Vadik Antonov for years and was almost on the verge of having a hold on him when Antonov had Blane's wife, Isla, and child, Olivia, murdered. This became a turning point in his life. He lost everything and was going under when Joseph Moore, the leader of the FBI team, called for his assistance in taking down his enemy, Antonov. Will they succeed with that? It will be interesting to find out for yourself.

I like the perfect storytelling technique of the author. She relayed the story in a way that will raise suspicion and trigger the imaginative minds of the readers. There was perfect use of imagery and climax in this story, which is not often seen in a lot of fictional books. Tenaya Metzler's characters were well defined, and they blended in well enough with the storyline. Her diction was amazing. Something I found very fascinating was how she infused a bit of religion into the story without making it seem so overwhelming. The story was intriguing and educating at its best. It touched on various topics, especially as regards the rotten system in the law enforcement field and even in the government. It also touched on how people would go to any length to acquire power and subdue the rest, not minding that people's lives were on the line. Another important aspect was trust; the author explained the concept of trust in detail using her well-played characters. There were, in fact, a lot of lessons to be learned from this book.

The book would have been perfect save for a few errors in it. I believe those grammatical errors could have been avoided with careful and articulate editing. In no way does this take away from the beauty of the book because I still believe it was professionally edited, but that part of it should be improved on. Apart from this, everything else about the book was great.

I give Your Name is Light a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Notwithstanding the mistakes, the book is a must-read, and everyone should have a copy of it. It is the perfect example of using fiction to dole out valuable lessons.

I recommend this work to lovers of captivating mystery crime fictional stories. They would, of course, have a great time reading this book as it would cater to their imaginative needs.

Your Name is Light
View: on Bookshelves
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I love reading fictional stories with a lot of valuable stories. My main interest in this book is what the twenty-three-year-old nurse has to do with Antov and also the FBI. How does this later turn her life and how Antov is brought to justice in the end, or not. This is an interesting summary and the highlights.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am a big fan of crime-thriller novels, especially mysteries. I like to imagine that I would be a good crime fighter, but, to my absolute horror, I usually miss important clues. I’m sure Burns is glad I’m not on the team helping him.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

Mystery crime fictional stories are never a bore to read. Fans of the genre like myself should check this out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging crime thriller with well-constructed characters that also addresses some important themes. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”