Review of The Inert Ingredient

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of The Inert Ingredient

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Inert Ingredient" by d.c. scot.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Why was the professor interested in this particular cadaver? While everyone assumed Bennie died as a result of cigarette smoking, Jay and his accomplice knew otherwise. After the deaths of his father and two brothers, Jose, Jay's accomplice, was the rightful heir to the Leal's Cartel. He, on the other hand, did not want that lifestyle; he desired to be free of gang life. Bennie Suarez was the closest relative he had. Bennie wanted to rule the cartel and was going to do whatever it took to make sure that it happened. When Jose learned his life was at risk, he knew he needed to kill Bennie or else he would die. Now Jose is a man on the run. Many people want him dead, especially Taylor, who intended to rule two of the most powerful cartels in the western hemisphere. How did Bennie die? Will Taylor ever find out the whereabouts of this man?

Jay Magruder was the only one who knew about Jose. He vowed never to tell anyone, but when he fell in love with Alice, he had to tell someone. Ben, Alice's father, never liked Jay. He felt his daughter had made the wrong decision about her choice of husband. He didn't want her to experience what his wife, Lori, made him go through. Is Ben right about his son-in-law?

The book The Inert Ingredient by d.c. scot was an embodiment of everything a good book should have. I didn't believe I could read a fictional book about drugs without seeing explicit sex scenes. The book was a quick read because of the suspense and action it contained. This book is something every family should have on their shelf. Trust and love are the two major themes in this book. I was so mad when I learned who Lori left her husband to be with. On the other hand, I didn't blame her because her husband wasn't always there for her.

The book was poorly edited. Though most of the sentences were written correctly, the words were well-spelt. The editing team didn't capitalize the text properly. You would see an entire term in capital letters in the middle of a sentence. Because of this, I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I must applaud the author for making this story intriguing yet original. The book highlighted the effects of family trust and leaving your loved ones behind; it talked about poor parenting. I can't wait to read the other books in this series.

I would love to recommend this book to people who love reading books about cartels and gangs. Those who love reading crime thrillers would find this very good too. When you come across books like this, you recommend them to your friends, as I did.

The Inert Ingredient
View: on Bookshelves
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

I love the plot and the storyline of this book. I'd love to know if Jay survived the ordeals he encountered. Thanks for your honest review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

A book about drug cartels? This sounds intriguing. I would like to read it. Nice review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

There are many interesting twists and turns in this book. I'd like to know the answers to all the questions you asked in your review. Good review
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Your review sounds great. I'd love to find out more about what happened in the book. Nice book.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I've only watched movies that involves gangsters, and it made me uneasy. However, I would like to give this book a try. I believe reading about gangsters is a lot better than seeing them in action during the movie. Besides, the storyline is quite interesting. Great review!
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

From your review, I can tell that this book would be an interesting mystery thriller. It is unfortunate that I won't be reading it because of its poor editing. However, I enjoyed your review.
Am Eso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-am-eso.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Am Eso »

This is an excellent review. The plot of this book seems interesting and I'll love to find out more about this book regardless of the poor editing.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m sorry that this novel had such poor editing. It still seems like something that I would. Like to read, however. I want to find out how Jay and Lori are linked together and why Ben thinks so poorly of Jay.
White Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-white-smith.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by White Smith »

I enjoyed your review an how well detailed it. I would get this book Jay's story interests me and will love to see the end of it. Thanks for the review.
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

This seems like something I would want to read. What could be this inert ingredient that nobody talked about? I also hope Jay doesn't die.
nomaindia Mapulane
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nomaindia Mapulane »

:techie-studyinggray: I’m very much in love with this book ,it makes me become curious on knowing more of what’s going to happen to the killer of Bennie.But the novel has low less editing was hoping for more.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Why will they kill him for a life he does not even want? I’ll love to read this book. Great review!
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

This book includes elements of romance, crime, and suspense. I'm reading this when it's on my tab, hopefully. A really good review.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

Those who love to read about cartels and gangs will definitely have a great time with this one. Great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”