Review of Killer, Killer,Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Killer, Killer,Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer

Post by Tara D Morgan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Killer, Killer,Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer" by Charles A. Jackson.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killer, Killer, Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer by Charles A. Jackson tells the story of Anthony, a black man in his forties living in North Carolina. Anthony's life revolves around drugs. When he was young, he felt life was dull and saw the drug life as exciting. In the beginning, it was almost a game to him. He believes most people either take drugs or sell them. Anthony even sees his father as a legal drug dealer; for example, on page one, "The daddy also sold drugs but the difference was he had license to sell alcoholic drugs." Then one day, Anthony is watching the television when the newsreader reports that an African American male in his forties identified by his friends as Fungi has been murdered in a motel. Fungi and Anthony worked in the drug dealing world together. Anthony is still a young man, but he is also a drug user and a drug dealer. He is caught up in a vicious circle that he has to break to save his and his family's lives!

The only thing I liked about this book was the cover picture, which sadly does not seem to have anything to do with the story! The idea of a man deeply embroiled in drug addiction and selling but desperately wanting to break these chains could have been a great story. However, Killer, Killer, Killer, and the Drug Exchange Dealer is dreadful and reads as if a schoolboy has written it; for example page nine, "Jerome decided to have an age seventeen birthday party. During them days, the drinking age in the State of North Carolina was sixteen years of age." I did not particularly appreciate all the mindless conversation, which made this book dreadfully dull. There is a chapter where Anthony cleans himself up and joins the army, but we learn nothing about his army life, just that he spends most of his spare time in his room with different women drinking and taking drugs. Every paragraph of this chapter is virtually the same, with just a different woman's name in it. Writing in this way is unbelievably lazy.

When writing a story about drugs, it must be believable and exciting. I do not believe that a few days after Fungi is murdered, Anthony not only goes to a football match but also takes along his young daughter Keke. Fungi has been murdered, and there is a good chance that someone will be out to get Anthony, too, so going to a football match with his child makes no sense!

Nearly every page has spelling and grammar errors, and this book needs to be edited and proofread properly. Due to the mistakes, the lack of structure, and the difficulty I had reading this book because of how it is written, I would like to give Killer, Killer, Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer 1 out of 4 stars.

I do not recommend this book because the conversations lack structure, and the characters are never fully developed. The writing style of Killer, Killer, Killer, and the Drug Exchange Dealer is very chaotic, and much of the conversation does not make sense. I presume the author is trying to get the reader to understand how people talk in North Carolina, but it just comes across as childish!

Killer, Killer,Killer and the Drug Exchange Dealer
View: on Bookshelves
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Anthony’s story about wanting to break out of the vicious cycle could have indeed been a great premise for a book. But the author missed the mark on good writing. I, too, will pass on reading this book, unfortunately.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Anthony’s story about wanting to break out of the vicious cycle could have indeed been a great premise for a book. But the author missed the mark on good writing. I, too, will pass on reading this book, unfortunately.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

This sounds like a Hollowood movie. The characters seem to reflect real life. Great book.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

When I first saw this book, I was curious. I thought the book would be about a military personnel of some sort. So glad I read this review because I wouldn’t have know it isn’t good enough. Even the book title has some punctuation error. Thank you for the honest review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a draft rather than a finished work. A professional editor might help the author in the book's development, proofreading included. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”