Review of The Attunist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of The Attunist

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Attunist" by Gary B. Haley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Attunist by Gary B. Hale is a book portraying a real-life event that occurred and was experienced by the author. The main character chose justice over everything else, and it didn't go well with members of society. This is a story told to encourage everyone seeking to do good and those who are being persecuted for choosing a crime-free life.

The Attunist chose to make a difference wherever he found himself. But due to his resolve, he was labelled a serial killer. He could as well have a normal and peaceful life if he stopped his pursuit of a society full of tranquillity, yet he chose a life that risked his life. The Attunist did his best to make the world safer after discovering that he could eliminate drug dealers and terrorist organizations from society. This tedious task was made easier by the love of his life, in the person of his girlfriend, FBI Agent Carla Bright. But when her colleagues caught on, he was hunted and taken to Mexico.

He was wanted by federal, state, and international law enforcement authorities. He was in greater trouble than he had ever imagined. The Attunist was pursued by furious, unknown criminals obsessed with exacting revenge upon him and everyone he knew, making his situation even more difficult. Hiding in remote places has advantages, but when nature also turns on him, the real challenge is simply surviving the next few moments. And amidst the beauty of nature, he wasn't at peace as he sought means of escape. Sadly, he hardly survived his own decisions.

I disliked the disharmony of the chapters. The chapters were disjointed, thereby creating confusion for the readers. I wouldn't say I liked the brevity of some chapters that would merge with others. However, despite this challenge, I still award this book a 4 out of 4 because of the many positive things the author did while writing the book. For instance, he properly introduced this book, making it easier to read as a stand-alone. Most respectfully, he also told readers to take advantage of reading a prequel, which motivated me to want to read the other books in this series. This work is an art. Don't miss out on this masterpiece.

I admire The Attunist for his quest to maintain a peaceful society and eradicate all forms of social vices like drug trafficking, child exploitation, and others. Even though he was tagged as an evil-doer and a serial killer, he wasn't slack in doing good and was resilient. Carla is the epitome of what love should be all about. Her constant support and kindness made me admire her character the most. The book had other interesting characters, like Qian. He was a patient and strategic man who would do whatever it took to get his plan done.

I recommend the book to military of ficers seeking justice and a peaceful society, sacrificing everything they have to ensure lawbreakers are punished. The book was void of errors, showing it was exceptionally well edited. This is a good crime thriller.

The Attunist
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

This seems like a pretty extreme book. I am not quite certain how the Attunist was making the world a better place. Isn’t he just a murderer? You also mentioned a few negatives but still gave the book 4 stars. I’m not sure this book is one for me.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Nowadays, it is really hard to make a positive impact on society and live a crime free live when everyone around you want to do the opposite. The attunist must had a lot of challenges. I would love to see how he gets out of this trouble. Good job on your review.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Greatly the world is in a quest for peace and I so much love it that this book promoted that. Your review was brilliant and it gave me reasons to check this book out. Great job
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

Despite all of the obstacles that Attunist faced, he did not give up his fight for a better society. I'd like to read this book to see the protagonist's brave moves against crime.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

We all have the options to choose between good and evil. We should all choose well for the sake of humanity. I guess this is what the protagonist did to influence his society.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

Even for those doing good, people will always see the fault in the means before applauding the result. Since the author was resilient, I believe his actions would have a great impact on his society.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I think I like the storyline of this book. I would like to know why the attunist sought to take matters into his hands even up to the point of being labelled a killer. Great review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

The Attunist sounds like a selfless individual. But as much as I applaud what he did, I also think that he added too much unnecessary drama to his life. Great review.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

This seems like a really chilling book. The attunist really went through a lot in pursuit of justice and a better society. Thanks for the review.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Such an emotional and fascinating storyline! I admire the Attunists' decision to live a morally just life. That is an attribute that is not easily found anywhere. Thanks for a lovely written review. My interest was explicitly drawn to the book, so I'd love to have a copy of this book for myself. Well done.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

This is a fascinating book seeing as the author was persistent in his resolve to make a positive impact and do well in society, I do find it very commendable and I would love to try out this book.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

I think doing good is overrated. But it's good to be good. I enjoyed this review and am looking forward to getting a copy. Thanks for the amazing review.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

What a great and detailed review! Your summary is detailed and did justice to the book. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing this honest review after reading the book. Also, congratulations on having your review published.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

What a great and detailed review! Your summary is detailed and did justice to the book. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing this honest review after reading the book. Also, congratulations on having your review published.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”