Review of Deadly Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of Deadly Redemption

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deadly Redemption" by Richard Rees.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After losing his wife Rachel, John Nakata becomes a Wakaresayesa, a breaker-upper of marriages. His clients consist of wealthy men wanting to get rid of their wives and leaving them with little to nothing. For a substantial fee, Nakata seduces the wives with his charm and films their sexual activity for evidence. He believes in securing the future of his only child, Emma, and will go to great lengths to achieve that. Braunstein gets in contact with Nakata, desperate to split up his son and his girlfriend, Tracie. After examining the case, Nakata couldn’t bring himself to break up the love birds. Braunstein had Tracie killed instead, and the news left Nakata brooding on his ways. His Japanese Shinto side convinces him to take on a path of redemption by killing ten of the husbands and avenging the wives. Nakata adopts a method of making the deaths seem like suicide. Lisa Perano, an ex-marine, had her sister commit suicide after meeting Nakata and falling in love, only to discover who he really was. Since Nakata’s identity was withheld from the women, it made it difficult for Lisa to find him. She vows to do whatever it takes to find him and avenge her sister. Lisa is out for his blood and Nakata for his victims. What would happen when their paths cross?

I loved that the author portrayed the protagonist in a way that he could be viewed from multiple perspectives. It made it more intriguing to know how people would interpret his actions and how he lived generally. The book has an engrossing storyline. It kept me completely stuck to its pages and eager to know how things would play out in the end. Each chapter of Deadly Redemption by Richard Rees had an air of suspense and tension infused in it, keeping the story alive and filled with thrill. I love how the story contained many unexpected twists and discoveries; it gave the story an extra kick to it. The cliffhanger at the end will leave the reader eager to know more about how things played out.

I think the story would have been a lot more interesting if it had been stretched a bit more. I wanted to read more as I was completely fascinated by the author's brilliant storytelling skills. Apart from that slight complaint, I loved the entire book. It was so enthralling and very brilliantly written.

I found just a few errors in the book; however, it was still professionally edited. Although I expected more from the end of the story, I still loved it, and I rate it four out of four stars.

I recommend Deadly Redemption by Richard Rees to lovers of thrillers and suspenseful storylines. With conflict, new developments, and plot twists, this story comes to life in the best way possible.

Deadly Redemption
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

In my opinion, I think this book is weird. I like the plot and the storyline, but I think I might not be able to read it. Thanks for your honest review.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

This seems like a story I’d enjoy. But I would have preferred if the reviewer did not reveal that Braunstein had Tracie killed. Also, I couldn’t help but notice the similarity between Nakata and katana.
Okorji98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

I loved that the author portrayed the protagonist in a way that he could be viewed from multiple perspectives. Great review.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

Lovers of thrillers and suspenseful storylines have a great one here. You delivered a great review. Well done.
Itz Savaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

This is an intense book. I'd love to know the outcome of Lisa and Nakata's meeting. Great review.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

It's interesting to know that the author portrayed the protagonist in a way that he could be viewed from multiple perspectives. I love to read about characters like that.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I'd love to know what would happen when Lisa and Nakata's paths cross. It would be a great plot point.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’ll have to admit that at the beginning of your review I really disliked Nakata, I mean, who does that? Then when you go to the part about Emma I started to soften. I guess it will be hard to decide.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller with twists in a story centered around a complex protagonist with an unusual job. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

This book seems to be filled with a lot of death scenes and desires for revenge. Great review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Lovers of thrillers and suspenseful storylines will have a great time reading this book. You did a great job with this review. Well done.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

Fans of thrillers have a suspenseful one here to enjoy. I'd check it out when I find time between reviews. Great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”