Review of The Good Samaritan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Review of The Good Samaritan

Post by Ceeco2002 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Good Samaritan" by Les Haswell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The CEO of Savage Guidance Systems, Andrew Savage, seeks the assistance of his security consultants, Harper MacLaine Security, to ensure maximum security and protection during the demonstration of a newly discovered and invented military weapon with cutting-edge technology. Together with his crew, Rob MacLaine, co-owner of Harper MacLaine Security, makes sure everything runs smoothly throughout the event. When Rob agrees to give one of the attendees, a US senator, a ride after the event, he is caught unprepared in a perilous situation where he must rescue the senator from a gang of armed kidnappers. This scene heralds the beginning of a surge of thrilling events and operations as Rob continues to fight off bad men while protecting good people.

When Kasia, an SGS employee, learns that her sister is missing, she asks for Rob's help in finding her sister, Magdalena. Rob immediately goes in search of Kasia's sister and, on further investigation, finds out that an international human trafficking ring might have something to do with Magda's disappearance. The plot continues with him and a small group of brilliant men embarking on a mission to track down and apprehend these dangerous criminals to save Magda and others who have fallen victim to their heinous operations. Will he succeed on this mission? Will he be able to save Magda before it's too late? Get engrossed in a world of crime, tension, humor, and, lest I forget, romance, as the author leads you on a rollercoaster of mixed emotions throughout this novel.

The Good Samaritan is an action-packed crime thriller written by Les Haswell. This is the second installment in the Rob MacLaine series. I applaud the author for his ability to describe the scenes and events in the story with great depth and detail. Also, his creative talent for creating credible scenarios, characters, objects, and events from his mere imagination was remarkable. All the events took place in chronological order, aiding the reader's enjoyment of the book. The characters were well-developed; hence, I could relate to and get to know them better, each with their uniqueness and individuality. As the plot unravels, the reader is met with waves of breath-taking action throughout the novel, and the author still manages to squeeze in certain scenes that depict the bond and joy of family, friendship, and love between couples.

The only issue I had with this book was that, in many instances, quotation marks were not used correctly to denote when a character was speaking. Additionally, I found several spelling errors while reading. Although this did not hinder my comprehension of the book, it would still need to go through another round of a thorough editing process to be flawless.

The Good Samaritan receives a rating of 3 out of 4 stars from me due to the numerous errors I found while reading. Aside from the errors, this book was a fantastic read. I look forward to reading more books in the series.

I recommend this book to fans of action-packed crime thrillers. Also, readers who enjoy reading about the activities of ex-Special Forces agents would definitely find this book worthwhile.

The Good Samaritan
View: on Bookshelves
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

The Good Samaritan is an action-packed crime thriller written by Les Haswell. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a suspenseful crime thriller with a lot of action and also humor that keep the readers engaged, so I hope the author does proper proofreading to prevent distractions. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”