Review of Expended

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Expended

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Expended" by E.W. Johnson M.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Nolan is a physician in Woodhaven, Washington. He has discovered several high-profile crime scenarios, and his intuition has always led him to reveal them, such as human trafficking, sex slave trade, and financial misappropriation. His most recent misadventures include the death of one of his former patients, Betty Sanderson, who died in her home. The report stated that she died in her sleep, but the calendar at her house showed that she had a visitor named MD in her house that afternoon before she was discovered dead the next day; he also discovered two cups that were used, implying that Betty Sanderson was visited before she died, but who visited? Is her death truly natural, or was she murdered? Is this just Dr. Nolan's assumption? Read this intriguing novel to find out.

Expended by E.W. Johnson M.D. paints a picture of a society filled with materialistic people who will do everything to further their financial interests, a society where certain people care nothing for human life and are willing to kill as many people as they can in order to achieve their goals. Meacham and Beschloss LLC are exemplified by this. I was disheartened by their mode of operation in the company. The book is short and can be finished in one sitting. I adore the author’s writing style. Some of the dialogue in the book had me laughing out loud. It was evident in the book that the author has a sense of humor.

Dr. Nolan is my favorite character in the novel. I applaud how he worked relentlessly to find the exact cause of his patient Betty Sanderson's death, traveling to the mortuary to retrieve her body fluid for a test, hiring individuals to aid him in his inquiry, and covering all expenditures with his own money. Even though Sheriff Dent had warned him not to become involved in other people's issues and to let the dead woman rest in peace, his gut feeling told him she didn't die naturally. The collaboration in the battle to unearth the truth about Betty Sanderson was also impressive.

I have no complaints regarding the book. The book has excellent writing and significant concepts that readers will like. The characters have a lot of depth and are likable. The book encourages readers to act morally and to lend a hand whenever possible. We should also take after Dr. Nolan's character, who only cared about changing the world and getting rid of evil. Additionally, since instincts are reliable, it's a good idea to pay attention to them.

The book is professionally well edited. I found just one error in it. I rate this engrossing tale five out of five stars. It's a good narrative with plenty of values that readers will learn from. Fans of crime and mystery novels should read this book, in my opinion.

Expended
View: on Bookshelves
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

"Expended by E.W. Johnson M.D. paints a picture of a society filled with materialistic people who will do everything to further their financial interests, a society where certain people care nothing for human life and are willing to kill as many people as they can in order to achieve their goals." I agree with the author wholly on this and, sadly, this keeps getting out of hand. Wonderful review, well done.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I love the summary of this novel, and I come to wonder how Nolan intents to solve the crime and catch the culprits.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Dr Nolan is an inspiring character, this is a wonderful book that I will like to read. Nice review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Dr. Nolan is truly commendable. Wouldn’t it be nice if he left his doctoring job and become a detective?😂. I feel that fits him more better. Who’s now behind her death? Nice review!
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Dr. Nolan is an exceptional character. There are a few doctors who would go over and beyond for their patients. This is a huge lesson for doctors out there.
Mary reader
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-reader.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Mary reader »

"Additionally, since instincts are reliable, it's a good idea to pay attention to them."
I find this quote worth trusting.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I have been reading crime novels these days and I've started to develop interest in them. This one also sound interesting and with its good narrative quality.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Dr.Nolan is truly exceptional I mean as a doctor and a crime scenario wow I applaud his courage doctor should lesson from. Great review
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

With the way you talked about Dr. Nolan, I'm already loving him. He looks like the character to look out for.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I hope that if I die under suspicious (at least to some) there is someone around like Dr. Nolan to fight for the truth.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller with a doctor / detective trying to get rid of evil seems engaging, also considering that it features well-developed characters and humor. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

I appreciate the fact that the book has a lot of moral lessons and good character development. Great review!
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This physician from this book is most definitely what we need in the world right now, imagine if we had one of him that had these abilities?
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: MISNEACH, The Story of Flora MacDonald by K.L. Huntley
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

This sounds like an interesting book. I will add it to my list since I like mystery novels. The character of Dr Nolan sounds fascinating. I also like that the book conveys moral lessons

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”