Review of Tropical Scandal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Tropical Scandal

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tropical Scandal" by David Myles Robinson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The law is a double-edged sword that both protects and penalizes those who violate it. Crime suspects are frequently reviled by the public, yet they are presumed innocent unless proven guilty. This is the case of Dayton in this book.

David Myles Robinson's novel Tropical Scandal tells the tale of Attorney Pancho, the main character, and Dayton, who is charged with the murder of Eleanor Palakiko, a 74-year-old woman who happened to be his grandmother. Dayton is unable to defend himself for two main reasons. First, he is mentally disabled, and second, there is evidence in his home that supports the entire claim. Despite numerous obstacles, Attorney Pancho took up the case to represent Dayton and establish his legal innocence. However, Attorney Pancho is so committed to supporting the young man. Did he prevail in Dayton's case? Is Dayton really blameless in the murder investigation? If so, who is the actual killer? Obtain a copy to learn more.

Nothing less than enthusiasm can be found in David Myles Robinson's book. The reader joins criminal defense lawyer Pancho McMartin as he investigates the murder of 74-year-old Eleanor Palakiko. I'm glad the author was able to reveal the leaders of a major Honolulu drug cartel in the book. Each chapter of this page-turning thriller leaves the reader wondering what will happen next. As you read this book, you may find yourself formulating ideas based on the evidence gathered by Pancho while conducting the investigation—only to be surprised by the results. Despite the obstacles, Pancho is tenacious in his pursuit of Dayton's freedom. He remained by Dayton's side the entire time.

Attorney Pancho is my favorite character in this novel because of his devotion and commitment to the young man despite his physical limitations. Any other attorney would have given up on Dayton's case, given the circumstances. This book has made it abundantly evident to me that several innocent individuals are tortured, killed, or imprisoned for crimes they did not commit. In this work, the author deftly blends tension and action. The author has exceptional creative ability.

Nothing about this book bothers me; the entire plot is captivating and appealing. The book's characters are all well-developed and given distinct voices. I admire Pancho's deliberate efforts to assist his client. Another aspect of the book that piqued my interest was how he sought advice from his girlfriend, Dr. Padma, on critical medical matters pertaining to the case, believing that he didn't know everything. He also believes that all hands must be on deck to successfully solve a case.

I must congratulate the author for making this material available for all readers to enjoy. Lastly, I want to thank the editor for not identifying any mistakes in the book. This suggests that the book has been expertly edited. I rate the book five out of five stars because it deepened my understanding of a wide range of concepts, particularly those related to selflessness. I suggest this book to everyone, but especially to readers who like fast-paced and legal thriller novels.

Tropical Scandal
View: on Bookshelves
Sandra Ijeoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ijeoma.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sandra Ijeoma »

This review has grabbed my curiosity because it is informative. I can see how captivating this book's plot is. Though it seems impossible, I want to know if Pancho can successfully defend his client Dayton. I am excited for the chance to read this book.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is the second revues I’m reading of this book and my interest is already piqued. I’ll love to read it. Your review is so explicit. Well done!!!
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Being a criminal defense attorney is a hard profession. Goodluck to Pancho and I hope Dayton was really innocent. Thanks for this awesome review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This sounds like a very entertaining novel. I’m always interested in reading about someone, like Attorney Pancho, defending the rights of someone underprivileged, like Dayton. This is an excellent review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Nothing less than enthusiasm can be found in David Myles Robinson's book. The reader joins criminal defense lawyer Pancho McMartin as he investigates the murder of 74-year-old Eleanor Palakiko. Great book.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I feel pity for Dayton and appreciate Attorney Pantio for volunteering to take up the case. Your review on the book is captivating and I look forward to reading the book. Well done!!!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed your review, Attorney Pancho's willingness to defend Dayton who is mentally sick is my favorite part of the novel.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is a fascinating and intriguing story, the author did an excellent job with character development, indeed many a paying for the crime they no nothing about. Wonderful review
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This plot could be educative for law practitioners and it seems engaging. Well done on the review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Tropical Scandal" by David Myles Robinson seems to be an interesting story from this review. I will read to know if Dayton was acquitted of his murder charges.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Dayton is unable to defend himself for two main reasons. First, he is mentally disabled, and second, there is evidence in his home that supports the entire claim.
I think a man like Dayton who is mentally disabled is always proven innocent in court. Even if there was evidence in his home, he still didn't know what his doing. So I believe he will be free from the murder. This book is very intriguing. I'd like to pick this one in the future. Dayton's character is quite intriguing to me. Great review!
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Attorney Pancho looks an a good example of commitment to finding justice. With a drug cartel involved, I already sense drama and action.
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

I love murder mysteries. This story involves the murder of a 74-year-old man. I have a feeling that an interesting narrative has been told here.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

I'm grateful that Attorney Pantio offered to take on the matter. I'm eager to read the book because, based on your evaluation, this one seems to have an intriguing plot. I'll eventually get to it, albeit it might take some time.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”