Review of Global Vice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Review of Global Vice

Post by Blessing Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Global Vice" by Andrew J. Rafkin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A wealthy Russian mafia oligarch and leader of chains of criminal organizations in over nine countries of the world, named Aleskey Dragunov, is the epicenter of Andrew Rafkin's story titled Global Vice: A COMSEC Thriller. Dragunov's errand guys, Yuri, Luka, Andrey, and Sergei, have bitten more than they could chew as they kidnap one of COMSEC's partners. The whole of hell is about to spew hot fury. You wouldn't want to walk past this thrilling, insightful, thought-provoking, and gripping story.

Whilst it is true that the slave trade was abolished decades ago, it is shocking to know that over 4.2 billion or more of the world's population is still plunged neck-deep into modernized slavery, which is known as 'human trafficking,' with camouflaged organizations littered across every continent. This act is inhumane, barbaric, and disheartening. Rafkin boldly sensitizes his readers to the current global vice as he gives a thorough and elaborated expose on the evils of child/human trafficking and child-sex slavery through the characters in his story. The significance of this theme cannot be over-emphasized. Motherhood is at stake; it is high time we pay careful attention to this fact.

I found out as I read that it is mankind's insatiability and the quest for more that leads it to pursue what it wants at all costs, regardless of whose life is damaged in the process. The author makes it unmistakably clear that the repercussion of greed can be extremely disastrous. Luka and Yuri thought that they pulled the right strings when they kidnapped for more money. They forgot that with greed beclouding your eyes, every string you pull is disastrously wrong.

Corruption is no respecter of race. It stealthily and harmlessly creeps into hearts, industries, parastatals, countries, and systems. It slowly eats off the credibility, stability, peace, security, and unity that ought to have been in existence. Corruption is always a pain in the neck wherever it is found. For instance, whenever Dragunov Aleskey auctioned off some of his trafficked girls, the highest bidder, more often than not, comes from top officials in the government, including movie stars. Could this be what is happening in our current political world? The author's message to his readers is to lend a helping hand towards curbing child trafficking in whichever sphere of influence you find yourself.

I had a good read, the suspense was in the right scenes, and I disliked nothing about this book. Though there were a few editorial lapses, I'm still convinced that this book was professionally edited. Hence, rating this book 5 out of 5 stars is not too much to do.

I recommend this book to lovers of thrillers and action-packed stories. This book should be in your hands.

Global Vice
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is sad to realize that there are those who value money over humanity. There is a whole lot more wealth available to those without a conscience than those who display one.
Victor Ayub Migos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The fact that someone would see it fit to put another person's life at stake for the sake of their perverted greed and insatiable hunger for money is totally condescending. It shows how humans have drifted away from their creator and forsaken the just and right way to live. Nice review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A crime thriller dealing with human trafficking is interesting, as it addresses a hideous act that's still far too common. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Congrats on BOTD. Human trafficking is still an ongoing issue that we have yet to solve, even in our modern society.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Human trafficking is scary to think about. It is jaw-dropping about the statistics in this book about modern slavery. I never thought it exceed billions. This theme is disheartening to read about. I'm gonna pass on this book. But congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY ANDREW J.RAFKIN WHICH TALKS ABOUT A RICH OLIGARCH OF THE RUSSIAN MAFIA AND HEAD OF CHAINS OF CRIMINAL ORGANIZATIONS IN MORE THAN 9 COUNTRIES, MODERNIZED SLAVERY, CORRUPTION..
A BOOK FOR FANS OF THRILLERS AND ACTION.GOOD REVIEW
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85791
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1337%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📖 📖📚 of the day BOTD is C T M H thriller series featuring trained experienced security operator Ben Alexander the story has strong characterization excellent world building international intrigued advance technology it involves nav seal opposes to Ben's team rare killed taking Worthy assignment that put extraordinary skills to good use that take out the bad guys.the Russian player in the game who is involved in criminal endeavor which includes human organs trafficking the action is nonstop which twist right to the end with enough blood shed...the book was well written and reviewed I will recommend it to fast paced thriller action readers
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Human trafficking is an issue that not many people are aware of. It's always a powerful issue affecting humanity done by those who value money and power. The love of money is the root of all evil, and if Global Vice does not reflect this issue, I don't know what is. Your review captivated me! Congrats on BOTD!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

A wealthy Russian mafia oligarch and leader of chains of criminal organizations in over nine countries of the world, named Aleskey Dragunov, is the epicenter of Andrew Rafkin's story titled Global Vice: A COMSEC Thriller.
- This already got my attention. I especially like the strong sound of the name Dragunov. This book will certainly get into my hands. An intriguing review. Thank you.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

'Global Vice: A COMSEC Thriller' by Andrew Rafkin dives into the harrowing world of human trafficking through a suspenseful and action-packed narrative. It's a potent reminder of the ongoing fight against this global vice. A heavy read, but certainly thought-provoking. Congratulations on being BOTD!
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

This wonderful Thriller takes readers on an unrelenting exploration of the depths of human trafficking, reminding us of the stark reality that still plagues our world. Andrew Rafkin's masterful storytelling skillfully combines suspense and social commentary, leaving readers both entertained and deeply moved.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Pavel Trips Agboire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavel-trips-agboire.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Pavel Trips Agboire »

It's sad to know that human trafficking is something that still seriously plagues society today. What makes it even worse is the involvement of governments and the powerful of society. I admire authors that dare to take on sensitive topics that plague the world. This book sounds like an edge-of-your-seat, ca-n't-wait-to-turn-the-page thriller. Kudos! Your review is excellent!
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

Corruption occurs both in governance as well as by private citizens. It is the bane of evil in society. I'll love to read this book. Thanks for the review.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Global Vice" by Andrew J. Rafkin tells the story of a Russian mob boss named Dragunov. In the book, the author emphasizes the acute problem of modern slavery, which has never been substantially eradicated.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”