Review of The Runaway

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of The Runaway

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Runaway" by Jefferson Thomas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jefferson Thomas' novel The Runaway is both interesting and educational. Mathew Jansen is the first son of Mr. Melvin, who is one of 12 siblings. Matthew Jansen works as a fugitive recovery agent on his own. After many years, he decided to attend his family reunion and was told about his cousin Sally, who had run away from home two years ago when she was only sixteen. He became interested in her and decided to keep an eye out for her because he travels frequently. She was suspected of fleeing to Florida because she wanted to go on vacation there, but her parents couldn't afford it. Was Sally ever discovered? Find out in this intriguing mystery novel. 

This book piqued my interest greatly because each chapter was engrossing and compelled me to read the next. It was quite suspenseful, and I adored the plot. It was intriguing to see how the clues were decoded; it helped me grasp the procedures. When cases are presented to detectives, they accept them. I must say that I thoroughly loved reading this book. I couldn't put the book down because of Janson's upbeat attitude. The author has exceptional writing talent. I now recognize the significance of family reunions after reading this book. The characters in this book are brilliantly created and given distinctive voices.

Matthew Jansen, who was incredibly selfless even though Sally was only a distant cousin to him and he didn't really know her and her family that well, is my favorite character in this novel. It had been two years since she ran away, and the available clues were not really clear enough to determine her whereabouts, but he still went through the trouble of looking for her. Without taking a penny from her parents, he continued to look for her. I was on the edge of my seat as I read about the degree of selflessness this young man demonstrated and the plan he used to locate his cousin.  

I found this book to be really interesting and engrossing; nothing about it annoyed me. I must congratulate the author on this excellent work; it was well worth the time I invested in reading it. I wish to congratulate the author for his original writing. I also want to congratulate the editor on a job well done. The absence of errors in the book is evidence of excellent editing. You can learn a lot from this book, including the value of unselfish sacrifice.  

I rate this book five out of five stars because it broadened my perspective on good relationships. I recommend this book to everyone, especially the younger generation, who have misunderstood the true meaning of relationships and unity.

The Runaway
View: on Bookshelves
Linda Tettey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Linda Tettey »

When it's said that blood is way thicker than water, some people will never understand. This is a true definition of family bond. Whether distant family or a close relation, that spirit that bonds the family together is strong and l love how the plot of this story was portrayed. Kudos to the author for defining the true meaning of family and the importance of family reunions
Ana-Maria MT
Favorite Book: Gild
Currently Reading: Throne of Glass
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-mt.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Ana-Maria MT »

I really like your review and it makes me want to read this book right now!! But I've already started 6.. I'm really curious to know why Sally ran away.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Wow! Matthew is really selfless and exceptionally helpful.Not only did he not take money from Sally’s prent, but he took time away from his other pursuits to look for her.
James Likita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-likita.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by James Likita »

Selfless sacrifice for one's family is something to be applauded. Such topics should be seen adapted into movies not just novels. Good work there by the novelist.
Superblob
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Superblob »

Wonderful book that spiked interest in my mind. The willfulness to sacrifice one’s self is important and inspiring for many readers. In the story, Matthew proved to not be a thief, and he proved his full outgoingness to look for sally. Overall, 5 star book.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

The name of the author sounds familiar too me. Your review is top notch and the book cover is captivating. Keep ip the good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I don't know much about this novel The Runaway but the title is what made me to pique interested in the book. I will give it a try.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I am amazed at how intriguing this book is and will add it to my shelf soon. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm curious about what happened to Sally and Matthew's investigation on her disappearance, so this mystery intrigues me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”