Review of Cruise Ship Heist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of Cruise Ship Heist

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cruise Ship Heist" by Stuart St Paul.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Cruise Ship Heist by Stuart St Paul, Commander Kieron Philips, a retired military man, was headed to a cruise ship en route to the Panama Canals as a commentator. It was an excellent opportunity for him to see his daughter, Auli'I, a dancer on the ship. At the Airport, Kieron observed many strange things that he couldn't explain. Getting to the ship, he found himself millions of dollars richer, and there was no end to the strange occurrences that only seemed to get more suspicious. Not one to leave anything up to chance, his eyes and ears were opened, following anything that seemed like a clue as he was determined to get to the root of everything. One thing was then clear to him, neither his presence at the airport at that particular time nor on the cruise ship was a coincidence. Someone had orchestrated everything; he had been chosen for a reason, and he intended to find out why.

The plot of the story was complex and had much depth to it; it presented this giant riddle with many unpredictable facets. The story carried intrigue right from when Commander Kieron Philips was introduced at the airport. His character gave off waves of mystery and intrigue with the peculiar situation in which he found himself. Sadly for readers, the mystery and suspense drag almost to the end of the book, with many misleading hints and twists in the middle; it might make readers impatient because of the anticipation. The best bet would be to go with the flow.

Cruise Ship Heist didn't have such a wide array of characters, but readers would easily find one or two to love. Kieron was the tangy combination of the good cop and the bad cop. He was the guy you wanted in your corner when things got ugly because he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. His character stood out because of his keen eye for foul play, bravery, and kindness. More so, the author gave a lot of insight into Kieron's thoughts and the complicated mental process of solving the mystery that lived on the cruise ship. Another impressive character was Hunter Witowski, the cruise ship's head of security. He had a dry humor that belied his tough exterior. He was one character I didn't expect to like, but he became one of my favorites.

The characters' dialogues were exciting. They helped in progressing the plot and kept the story from getting dull. It was fun to see the wordplay between the characters, especially with Kieron and his sometimes funny attempts to keep his 'secrets' secret. Cruise Ship Heist was action-packed, suffused with danger, murder, and unpredictability. This was one of those stories that would stay with you for a while, as it delivered mystery and intrigue. The book was fun to read; there was no dull moment, and the entire experience was a rollercoaster ride.

I enjoyed every part of Cruise Ship Heist. It was professionally edited, and I disliked nothing in it. Therefore, I'd rate it five out of five stars. Cruise Ship Heist would be appreciated by lovers of mystery and thrillers.

Cruise Ship Heist
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

It must have been frightening yet exciting for Kieron to experience those strange events considering that he was millions of dollars richer. Great review!
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

I'm headed on a cruise vacation soon, so I am curious about any book that includes murder/danger on cruise ships. Perhaps I am prepping myself for similar intrigue on my cruise ship? I hope not. Thanks for the great review - this looks like a fun book.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

Mystery and thriller books deliver the most fun read. Lovers of the genre will have a great time with this book. You delivered a great review. Well done.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

After retirement comes adventures in the life of the protagonist which is an exciting storyline. I will add this book to my shelf soon. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing thriller with some mysterious events around the protagonist that surely have consequences that are revealed piece by piece. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Thabacus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thabacus »

Gotta agree with the review - Cruise Ship Heist is a brilliant book, combining life on a cruise ship with fictional crime. A page turner. I'm not normally into fiction but I loved this book.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing humorous, action-paced crime fiction novel highlighting crime, suspense, mystery, investigation, a captivating plot, and relatable characters. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I love the intrigue in this book. The style of narration also is quite interesting and the reader is kept in suspense most of the time. A definite read for thriller lovers. Excellent job on the review, love the enthusiasm.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85677
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1325%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This is an investigative series novel..Retired commander Kieron Philips find passagers sitting dead in his seat as everyone disembark the plane he call the flight attendants and make no fuss ..
Mary Kan
Currently Reading: Cruise Ship Heist
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-kan.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Mary Kan »

The culmination of these positive elements results in a well-deserved five-star rating for the book. This rating serves as a clear indication of the book's excellence and its ability to deliver a rewarding reading experience to its audience.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am intrigued by the strange occurrences that are happening around Commander Kieron Philips. I am interested in finding out who orchestrated everything and why Commander Philips was chosen.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I'm curious about the strange occurrences Kieron experiences on the cruise ship. However, knowing the complex plot, I think I will pass. But I like the description of the characters of Kieron Philips and Hunter Witowski. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

It appears that a former military commander will discover more than just a leisurely holiday aboard a cruise liner. For thriller enthusiasts, there is action and mystery.

Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I'll be honest, when I first read the description I thought, "Oh, no. Another series." The more I read the review, however, the more excited I became. I'm looking forward to it now. Congratulations on BOTD!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”