Review of American Millennial

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of American Millennial

Post by E Daves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "American Millennial" by Winfield Winfield.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

American Millennial by Winfield Winfield is a book about the identity crises and fears that almost every social media celebrity feels at one point. Sometimes, content creators have the feeling of being frauds. It is the story of one YouTuber that mirrors the stories of many other content creators on the internet. The only difference is that theirs hasn't been told, and they are still struggling with reality. This story will bring many readers closer to reality if they read carefully and listen to the massage. It would be a wake-up call to many, but before then, let me tell you about Nick.

A YouTuber named Tyler Frank had visited England and "desecrated" the Royal Burial Ground. As a fellow YouTuber, with his handle as an American Millennial, Nick carried the gossip to his channel. After all, it was content. Apart from the royal grave saga, Nick finds out a more juicy secret about Frank that is related to him in confidence. But this secret was more than just content. It was troubling. He doesn't know if to use it as content or not, as it will draw a huge reaction from both his audience and Frank's. What did he find out about his fellow YouTuber? Did he spill the secret? But then, a lookalike who has the same stature, height, and hair color as Nick started to pose as him, calling himself "AM" (American Millennial). Who is this stalker? Will he be the downfall of the American Millennial? Pick up the book to find out.

People might not know it, but content creators "support" each other by carrying news about them. It might be in the form of conspiracy theories, gossip, attacks, etc. You might think that these social media content creators actually hate each other, but behind the earshot of their fans or followers, they celebrate together the amount of visibility the trouble they stirred has given them. This book brought this aspect of content creators' lives to light. Of course, a "beef" between social media celebrities might not be a "beef" at all but a tactic to remain relevant in the field and grow their channels. That is why you don't believe everything you see on the Internet.

This book shows the level of fake life that our supposed "social media" celebrities adopt—starting from their looks to their lifestyles in general. Even the men wear makeup! I love how politics is subtly but sincerely discussed in this book. I also love that YouTubers will get tips on how to grow their channels from reading this book. You'd see how almost everything is connected.

The plot of this book is astoundingly well-developed and planned. The element of suspense was present from start to finish, and I could not predict anything about the story until I finished it. My heart was throbbing, waiting for the worst and wishing that it wouldn't happen. I applaud the author for how the story was delivered. Also, the book was exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors till I finished it. I honestly did not dislike anything about this book. Hence, I am giving it the 5 out of 5 stars it deserves.

I would recommend this book to content creators on social media. I also recommend it to readers who enjoy reading horror stories and those who love crime thrillers and mysteries. This is a story that contains underlying lessons for anyone who reads it.

American Millennial
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I did know that social media stars “help” each other. The secret that Nick has seems more as though it is not to be shared with the public, however. As for the stalker, how scary is that?
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Wow, this is a first for me, a book that could help you grow your YouTube channel while entertaining you with the troubling story of Nick and Tyler. Who knows what gave Tyler the nerve in the first place to desecrate that burial ground.
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

It's not new that social media celebrities help each other by sometimes calling themselves out. You won't believe what these people actually do for fame and to remain relevant. That is why I don't believe everything I see on the internet.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

What you said about not believing everything we see on the internet is absolutely true! People lie a lot to produce content. Anyways, someone stalking Nick really sounds creepy. Do peopygo as far as that?
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I'd be really scared if someone is stalking me. Especially if that stalker assumes same features as me. I know a lot of people that put out content on social media probably experiences this, but it's really scary! I would love to read Nick's story though.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

It can be hard to remain yourself and be original in a world where there are so many ways to get distracted.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

This plot is interesting and will be an awesome read for anyone. Thank you for this lovely review.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

The book's use of humor, particularly in the character of Nick's best friend, adds levity to the story and prevents it from becoming too heavy. The book's use of suspense and tension is well done and keeps the reader engaged and interested.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

The book's portrayal of the lengths some people will go to for fame and attention is thought-provoking and raises important questions about the value we place on celebrity culture. The book's use of foreshadowing and hints at future events is well done and keeps the reader engaged and guessing.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The book's exploration of the impact of trauma on a person's life, particularly Nick's experiences with his father's death, is realistic and adds depth to the character. The book's themes of morality and personal responsibility add weight to the actions of the characters and provide a moral compass for the story.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The themes of identity and self-discovery are compelling and provide insight into the inner workings of the characters' minds. The book's use of multiple perspectives adds depth and complexity to the story and allows the reader to see different sides of the same events.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The book's exploration of the power dynamics between social media influencers and their fans is insightful and sheds light on the sometimes toxic relationship between the two.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The book's portrayal of the darker side of fame, including the constant scrutiny and pressure to perform, is both sobering and eye-opening. The book's exploration of the impact of social media on mental health is important and raises awareness about the potential dangers of online platforms.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's depiction of the different personas people adopt online versus in real life is fascinating and adds a layer of complexity to the characters. The book's use of technology, particularly in the form of the stalker's tactics, is chilling and adds a sense of urgency to the story.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”