Review of The Curse of the Mystic Lakes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Re: Review of The Curse of the Mystic Lakes

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on BOTD. The title of the book is enough to raise interest in the reader. I liked the beginning of this fictional novel, a love story between Steph and Mari. I like the way the reviewer has mentioned karma's work. Looking forward to reading this book.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3052
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

My curiosity is piqued to know whether Stephan was able to save Maribelle or not and what happened thereafter. Many thanks for the amazing review. I am happy that I have a copy of this book and will soon be able to follow these amazing characters and find out much about them.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

"The Curse of the Mystic Lake" by Riano D. McFarland seems intriguing. I wish Stephan and Maribelle could have their love lives without any problems but life is what it is. Congrats on BOTD. Beautiful review.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Today's book has a rich plot that combines romance, sorcery, and mystical beings to provide an engrossing read that readers of the genre will love.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"The Curse of the Mystic Lakes" by Riano D. McFarland is a captivating fictional book that begins with the love story between Maribelle Rowe and Stephan Marquette, leading to a mystical lake party. The narrative unfolds to encompass magic, sorcery, mystical beings, and warlocks, creating an intricate and enjoyable storyline. The seamless connection between each chapter also adds to the book's appeal. Nice review.
Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo »

Today's Book of the Day is a great read. The most compelling of the themes for me is the romance aspect. I hope Stephan found Maribelle. Congrats on BOTD. Awesome review.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

This seems to be a really captivating story. A romantic, enigmatic, and magical tale. My favorite kind of romance is fantasy because it presents us with new ideas about what humans are capable of when it comes to love since it entails so many barriers.
Great review, congratulations.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

Thank you for your thorough evaluation. This book sounds like it would appeal to readers who enjoy intricate alliances intertwined with magic. However, because I am not a fan of the review's strong violence and sexual undertones, I will pass. Regardless, congrats to the author on winning BOTD!
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

The Curse of the Mystic Lakes by Riano McFarLand is a romantic novel that I would not resist reading. I want to find out how the two love birds, Maribelle and Stephan felt when they realised that they admired and loved each other secretly.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

The Curse of the Mystic Lakes sounds like it has an intriguing plot. Based on the review, it seems slightly scary. I hope Maribelle is fine and things go well for her and Stephan eventually. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Chisom Loretta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chisom-loretta.html
Latest Review: Children of Violence by Luke Gherardi

Post by Chisom Loretta »

Love is a force that binds the world. "The curse of the Mystic Lake" by Riano D. McFarland explores the love ,romance and magic. It opens up the love relationship between Maribelle and Stephan. Their love is a match made from heaven that nothing could separate them even Clarissa's Jealousy.

The party instigated the tone of the story, filled with suspense and actions. Maribelle and Stephan attends the party where the two lover birds confessed their feelings to each other but Clarissa jealous of their bond inform the mother who spoke harsh words to Maribelle.

Maribelle dives into the mystic lake and Stephan follows suit in quest of his love. The lake opens up magic and mystery.

I love the magical character Ingrid who didn't allow vengeance to take hold of her but used it to save lives.

This story is a sure read for everyone that enjoys love and romance.

What an awesome book to grab that will keep one wrapped up till the last word.
Chisom Loretta
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chisom-loretta.html
Latest Review: Children of Violence by Luke Gherardi

Post by Chisom Loretta »

Love is a force that binds the world. "The curse of the Mystic Lake" by Riano D. McFarland explores the love ,romance and magic. It opens up the love relationship between Maribelle and Stephan. Their love is a match made from heaven that nothing could separate them even Clarissa's Jealousy.

The party instigated the tone of the story, filled with suspense and actions. Maribelle and Stephan attends the party where the two lover birds confessed their feelings to each other but Clarissa jealous of their bond inform the mother who spoke harsh words to Maribelle.

Maribelle dives into the mystic lake and Stephan follows suit in quest of his love. The lake opens up magic and mystery.

I love the magical character Ingrid who didn't allow vengeance to take hold of her but used it to save lives.

This story is a sure read for everyone that enjoys love and romance.

What an awesome book to grab that will keep one wrapped up till the last word.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Your vivid recount of "The Curse of the Mystic Lakes" by Riano D. McFarland brings the storyline to life, capturing the essence of the love story between Stephan and Maribelle intertwined with elements of magic, sorcery, and mystical beings. Your description of the party and the ensuing drama creates a sense of suspense, enticing potential readers with the promise of an engaging plot.

Your recognition of the broader scope of the book, incorporating magic, sorcery, and warlocks, adds depth to your review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

The interconnected chapters added to the enjoyment. Ingrid Rowe's portrayal, wielding magical powers with restraint and aiding those in need, was admirable. Stephan and Maribelle's rare and inseparable love stood out.
Sara543

Post by Sara543 »

In my view, I find his work to be exceptionally entertaining and creative. I feel he is a talented novelist, and I was very interested to see if I would like this horror story on mystical occults.
First, it was apparent the author did a lot of work and thorough research to bring reality into the story and, as Edgar Allan Poe once said, "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."
I was caught in the story after reading the thrilling first chapter which was filled with intriguing events and ended in a highly dramatic and unexpected event.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”