Review of To Love, Kill & Peg a Spy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of To Love, Kill & Peg a Spy

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To Love, Kill & Peg a Spy" by Allen H. Walcott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

To Love, Kill & Peg a Spy by Allen H. Walcott tells the story of an unlikely trio taking on a mega-corporation with spies and assassins embedded across the globe. The author also talks about KGB spy agent Jarret Bogatyr, who goes in search of his kidnapped wife, Janice. The story takes place at the end of the Cold War when President Gorbachev has been mysteriously kidnapped. The search leads to a lot of secrets that are being unraveled, from classic espionage and cold war tactics to futuristic technology and conspiracy. The story follows an unlikely trio—agent Jarret, Peg, and Adara, whom Jarret found as a little girl—and two disavowed agents as they take on the most powerful organization on the planet, a mega-corporation called the Global Circuit. As agent Jarret and his team dig further to find the truth about the Global Circut, they dive deep into the plot, the destruction, and the past. Did they succeed? Was Janice found? Find out in this military-based novel.

This book is more like a military-based action movie, full of research, discoveries, and dark secrets being revealed. I could only vaguely picture the events that took place. In fact, it is a really interesting book. This book taught me that no one can be completely trusted and that even the government—in which we often place a great deal of faith—can sometimes be used to execute innocent people by misrepresenting the facts. This is similar to how Jarret was identified as wanted by every spy in the nation for uncovering secrets that would have saved the populace but had been labeled as lies. I found myself completely absorbed as I read about these guys and how they made every effort to tell the truth. The sheer size of the book demoralized me when I first picked it up, but as I started reading, the narratives engrossed me.

My favorite character in this book is Adara. She has an intriguing love for her family and her race, and she is persistent in her search for the person responsible for human trafficking. She even studied and acquired skills that aid her in this endeavor. When she and agent Jarret discovered a worthwhile cause, she was ready to support and advance it. Anyone who reads about her will find her to be a fascinating figure. She adds interest and knowledge to the stories' plots.

Even though it was lengthy and some of the phrases were difficult for me to comprehend because they were military terms, I found this book to be rather interesting and had no issues with it. I must commend the author for this instructive work. Because I was unable to find any errors in the book, I will also appreciate the editor. This merely indicates that the book has superb editing.

Because it has so much truth and reality, I rate it five out of five stars. Everyone should read this book, but young people in particular should do so since they will find it engaging.

To Love, Kill & Peg a Spy
View: on Bookshelves
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Wow what a captivating title. To love, kill. This will be highly interesting for me. I'm eager to know more. Good job.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s amazing to me what relatively normal (those without special skills or training) can do when faced with something they find unacceptable. This book sounds fascinating, if a little long.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This review is an amazing piece of writing. It occurs to me that this novel would be action-packed, mysterious, and mind-blowing in the sense of the military tactics being employed in it. Nice review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I love stories about undercover agents and spies, and this book seems to cover a lot of that. To Love, Kill, and Peg a Spy seems to have a lot of twists and turns. I would love to know how the agent trio of Jarret, Peg, and Adara solved their mysteries.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

I enjoy reading espionage and love stories, and this book would be full of intrigue, mystery, and mind-blowing military strategies. well done
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

This story seems like a really interesting one filled with lots of action, but personally, I prefer watching military-based movies to military-based novels. Thanks for a well-written review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed your review of the book. Indeed no one is to be trusted not even the government for they have turned out to be enemies of the masses. I look forward to reading the book. Wonderful review well done.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting piece of review. From what you wrote, I can see that this will be filled with actions and suspense. I’ll love to read it. Nice review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

A man who is prepared to put his life on the life for his wife is my fave! I already like this novel. Amazing review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

This book sounds great as it is a combination of some of my favorite genres under one roof/cover. I like spy thrillers, be it films or nooks, and I think I'd really enjoy this pulsating story as the trio struggles to solve the various puzzles encompassing the plot. It's amazing that the book tackled serious issues of today like human trafficking and government propaganda spread to cover ugly government secrets. Your review was pleasantly done, congratulations.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”