Review of I Am You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Review of I Am You

Post by Amanda Warner »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Am You" by L.E. Santos.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In life, we most often try to imagine how perfect someone's life is, either that of a friend or someone we look up to, not knowing that everyone has their challenges and no one is living a perfect life. I Am You: a novel, oh, and some poetry by L.E. Santos is a fictional book that talks about what it is like to be another person or live in another person's body. The author talked about what it is like to live the life of another person and see what he or she has to deal with in daily life. In this book, the author talks about living the life of Andrew, a cafe attendant, and seeing all he had to deal with. He also talked about living Andrea and Adams' lives and seeing exactly what it is like to be them. What do you think living Andrew's life was like? Were Adam, Andrew, and Andrea facing the same challenges in their various lives? Find out about that when you read this book.

As I read this book I understood that everybody has what bothers them in their various lives and nobody is perfect even if we see them on the outside to be perfect. This book enlightened me and made me realize that I always have to be grateful for the life I have and not wish I were somebody else, as I don't know what that person might be going through.

What I liked about this book was how the author explained what it was like to live the different lives of Andrew, Adam, and Andrea. I also liked that the book identified each of the challenges that they were passing through in their various lives.

Though I understood the information the author was trying to pass along, I felt bad for Adam and Andrew, as I did not like how they were treated. I also didn't like how the author jumped between stories, as it almost made it confusing for me to read. If you do not like books with much profanity, then this book might cause some concern or be a little disturbing to you. While reading this book, I didn't notice any errors, which brings me to the conclusion that this book was exceptionally well edited. Despite my dislikes above, this book was interesting and enjoyable for me to read as I could see into the lives of those like Andrew, Adam, and Andrea. I, therefore, give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to people who feel like they are living a miserable life or to those who would love to know what it is like to live a different life, as they would learn from this book.

I Am You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

The first sentence of this review got me, I see people trying to live other people's life. We are all different and unique beings, I will like to read about what Andrew and Adam's life were like. Nice review!
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Pendulum Charts Contact Your Angelic Team by Raven Shamballa

Post by Michael Valentine »

Truly, nobody is perfect, and everyone has one thing or the other bothering them. This book has a unique name, by the way. Thank you for this lovely review.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

The title of this book has some sound of uniqueness to it. It's not the normal title we see given to a book everyday and it matches the description of the book from your detailed review.
AbigailRay
Currently Reading: Let The Children Come
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailray.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by AbigailRay »

Indeed everyone has challenges in life, and Is required to face them squarely and not compare your life with that of others. I love the book cover.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I like the concept of this novel. A lot will think because things are looking rosy that such person is not having a bad life, which is a lie. I hope everyone get to realize this.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

The plot is informative and being yourself in this life is peace. Thank you for this review.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

In life, I believe that nobody is perfect but we only get better by accepting our mistakes and take corrections. Nice review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I agree with you. Most people in life try to follow others' lifestyles but not knowing what the person may be passing through in the closet. I love your review. Good job.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

The saying that all that glitters is not gold relates to this story line. I enjoyed reading this review, well done.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

We are all different people with different mindset and should always try to be original. Very insightful review from a really informative book
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

In various occasions, I discovered that people I thoght had a terrific life actually had or were having serious problems. Most of the times, we have no idea about other people's problems and struggles, so a novel like this one can offer a proper perspective. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

This book will remind us that no one in this world lives a perfect life. Even the richest man in the world. I like to read like this on how the author presents the lives of Andrew, Adam, and Andrea. What would be the feelings of living a different life? A must-read book for me. Your review is amazing, Amanda!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”