Review of Doing Business As Kevin Templeton by Kiley Riley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Doing Business As Kevin Templeton by Kiley Riley

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doing Business As Kevin Templeton by Kiley Riley" by Arthur S. Newman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Doing Business as Kevin Templeton by Kiley Riley, who is the narrator, and Arthur S. Newman, who is the actual author, follows the story of a man with a pure soul trying to make it in society. Kevin Templeton always saw the world differently, mostly due to his neurodevelopmental disorder. However, having a unique mind and a kind heart ironically got him into a lot of trouble. He met Kiley, a fellow foster child, after being sent to yet another foster home. Being placed in Mabel’s foster care strengthened their bond as a family, and they grew to be better people. The story centered around Kevin’s entanglement in insurance fraud and murder investigation after an accident that caused him to lose his memory. Although a lawyer herself, Kiley could not help Kevin with how emotionally attached she was to him; she implored other legal representatives, and they struggled to prove his innocence against blood-thirsty agents convinced otherwise.

I loved the character development in the book. Kevin’s optimism was positively infectious. His character had a demeanour that left you with no choice but to fall in love with him. The book was educative about practical matters like long-term financial stability by making use of things like life insurance as well as other important investments. I learnt a lot while enjoying this wholesome story. The courtroom drama kept me hooked. I was drawn in by the grappling between the lawyers trying to prove their cases. That made the story all the more dramatic and thrilling. I could easily imagine the story playing out in real life. All of it felt real despite it having some elements of fiction. It was a big plus that the author was able to ignite some form of empathy for certain characters. Also, the book was almost seamless and easy to follow.

I came across some errors in this book, but I genuinely believe it was professionally edited. I was delighted with the story from the beginning to the end; I couldn't put the book down at any point. The author also concluded the story spectacularly well. I had no reservations about the book, as I thoroughly enjoyed it. The slight downside is that I found some errors in it.

Owing to my points in the previous paragraphs, I rate this book five out of five stars. It was a wholesome reading experience and definitely a book I would love to read again. The errors were a handful and not enough to get me to remove a star from the book.

I recommend this book to lovers of thriller stories. Doing Business As Kevin Templeton had Kevin on a rollercoaster of emotions that left me completely inspired and with lessons for life.

Doing Business As Kevin Templeton by Kiley Riley
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sonie Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonie-daniel.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Sonie Daniel »

Thank you for this genuine review. I wonder what the end result was for Kevin? I am curious. This sounds like a facinating book.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I am more than eager to read about Kevin and his life. This is a wonderful review, thanks.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller with a protagonist like Kevin, who is unique and well-constructed. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”