Review of Some Girls Kill

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Review of Some Girls Kill

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Some Girls Kill" by CL Gibson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some Girls Kill by CL Gibson is a twisted thriller. Ross was a woman beater. He was married to Sarah, and they had a daughter together. Everything was ok until he started beating his wife mercilessly. She found the strength to leave him, making him promise to never physically hurt their daughter. Ross was infatuated with Sarah and when he met Lauree, he hit the jackpot. Lauree was the replica of Sarah. They looked alike, had the same color hair, and the same body type. Things went smoothly at first. They took trips to exotic places, and Lauree was wooed. The beatings started once they were married and Lauree got pregnant. Lauree formulated a plan of escape. Will she be able to escape alive? Ross's daughter, Clarissa, had a special quirk that allowed her to see into the future, past, or present of persons she touches. Will she see through Lauree's plan?

I found this book hard to put down. The plot was meticulously crafted to be immersive. The author drew me in from the moment Lauree started scheming against her husband. Themes of domestic abuse, jealousy, and friendship were present in this book. The character development was well done. At the beginning of the book, every reader is encouraged to hate Ross because of his violent behavior. After reading Ross' backstory, we can see why he is like this, then instead of hating him, we start feeling sympathy for him. All the characters were well-developed.

There was nothing to dislike about this amazing book. It was written in the present, with something horrendous and mysterious happening. Then the author backtracked and showed us the events that led to that moment. I liked this strategy that the author employed as it gave me something to look forward to and gave me a mystery to solve. I must say the twist at the end took me by surprise. I did not expect one of my favorite characters to do something so evil.

Some Girls Kill was professionally edited, and I will give it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. I found no flaws in the book, and the storyline was very intriguing. The book evoked so many emotions that it felt like a true story. One of my favorite characters was Clarissa. She was willing to stand up to her father and denounce his behavior.

This book is suitable for people who enjoy reading thrillers and stories that contain family drama and secrets. The dynamics between these characters will have you questioning every tiny detail that happens. I would also recommend this book to anyone who likes reading about supernatural occurrences.

Some Girls Kill
View: on Bookshelves
Byiringiro Maombi Jaspe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Byiringiro Maombi Jaspe »

I must say the twist at the end took me by surprise. I did not expect one of my favorite characters to do something so evil.
This thriller wasn’t too bad at all 🤗
AbigailRay
Currently Reading: Let The Children Come
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailray.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by AbigailRay »

I hope lauree survives this traumatizing situation. This book seems interesting.Nice review.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I'm a fan of family dramas and I'm looking forward to reading a book that speaks about it. nice review.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I’m fascinated by the themes highlighted in the review.
:D
smokey-flavour
Currently Reading: Homegoing
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smokey-flavour.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini
Reading Device: B09HSRGZRL

Post by smokey-flavour »

Thank you for this great review! You make the book seem so enticing, and I can't wait to get a chance to read it!
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Marital abuse is a serious problem in our society today. This is a nice review, well done.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This thriller addresses a very serious problem adding a supernatural element to create a complex family drama. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”