Review of The Sixth Dimension

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Review of The Sixth Dimension

Post by Gavice Victoria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sixth Dimension" by Mark Cupit.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One Saturday evening, four friends (Martyn, Trish, Sue, and David) were gathered to play cards. David is Sue's boyfriend, and she, in turn, is Trish's elder sister. As the cards got boring, Trish suggested they try the Ouija board. When they had all agreed, they set about making their own homemade board. They half didn't expect it to work, but surprisingly, it did. They were able to interact with the spirit of Patrick, who lived in the early nineteenth century. Having doubts that what they had experienced was real, they decided to try it again the following evening to test the authenticity of their visitor, Patrick. Martyn would ask to speak to his aunt, who had died of cancer, and he would ask personal questions that only she knew the answers to and could not be made up. To their surprise and utmost amazement, Aunt Rose did come and speak to them, answering their questions.

After that day's encounter, Sue warned them to stop, saying that these encounters might be dangerous, but they didn't. However, when Martyn unexpectedly asked to speak to Jesus, they had no idea that their lives were about to change. Instead of Jesus, they got the apostle and teacher Luke, who told them that they had been chosen to be a syndicate of God on earth to perform an important mission. Soon, the group of four turned into five, then six. However, all their efforts are being countered by the devil's syndicate. Nothing in their lives before the mission had prepared them for a task like this. Will they complete the mission? Find out when you read this book.

Mark Cupit is a talented storyteller. The story is so vivid that it is as if the whole event is playing out right before my eyes. I loved the way the author built suspense. It had me wondering and reading, devouring the pages because I couldn't take my eyes off them. The author also made it hard for me to predict where the plot was going. They were called for a mission, but I was still waiting to see them do what they were called for as they were just being given puzzles to solve and places to go, which didn't make sense at first. But everything made sense in due time.

I loved how developed the characters were. They were distinct and played their individual roles perfectly. The group of four amazed me more. It astounds me how they were able to decipher the tasks assigned to them and solve the puzzles. On a normal day, they wouldn't have believed in themselves to solve those puzzles.

As I read, I had loads and loads of questions. Some things didn't add up at all. Until you finish the book, you really won't have your answers. This makes the author's skill unmatched. His ability to hold my attention from start to finish is amazing, and I honestly didn't see some things coming.

The only thing I disliked about the book was that sometimes new scenes were not properly distinguished from old ones. You'd just be reading on without knowing that you were already in a new scene. This didn't often happen, though, so it isn't enough for me to remove a star from the rating. As a result, I give The Sixth Dimension by Mark Cupit 5 out of 5 stars. The book was also exceptionally well edited.

The Sixth Dimension is an action-packed thriller with a hint of horror. It is a story about the different dimensions of existence, told with a gripping storyline. I recommend this book to those interested in horror stories and stories about the devil's syndicate.

The Sixth Dimension
View: on Bookshelves
Desiree Ferolino
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Desiree Ferolino »

I give 4 stars out of 5.The story itself is a kind of sussuspense but I noticed that something is missing.The climax of the story is not as I expected to feel fullfillment of the story..that's it
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I love this storyline and your description of the book makes me eager to read it. Thank you for this lovely review.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I think a book like this will also hold my attention from start to finish. I was hoping that they will have worthy oppositions and the devil’s syndicates sounds like worthy oppositions to me. However, I think I already know which team will win in the end. Your review was detailed.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Wow! This book has piqued my interest for sure. Your review is great. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The characters in the book seem so well-developed, and I can't wait to see how they evolve throughout the story. It's always so satisfying when characters come into their own and really shine. I love how the author built up suspense in the story, making the reader wonder where the plot was going. It sounds like a real page-turner!
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

While the horror aspect of the book might not be for everyone, I'm definitely intrigued and excited to read it. It's great to hear that the book was well-edited, as that can often make or break the reading experience.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The idea of the different dimensions of existence adds a fascinating layer to the story. I can't wait to see how the author explores this concept. It's always refreshing to come across a book that has a unique and captivating premise, and The Sixth Dimension definitely sounds like it fits the bill.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I always appreciate a book with a well-executed plot and storyline, and it sounds like The Sixth Dimension definitely fits the bill. I love books that keep me guessing and on the edge of my seat, and this one sounds like it will do just that.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

The fact that the characters are called upon to be a syndicate of God on earth is such an interesting concept. I'm really curious to see how this plays out. It's great to hear that the author was able to develop the characters so well. That's always such an important aspect of any good book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”