Review of The Secret of Scripture

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Secret of Scripture

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Secret of Scripture" by Félix Alexander.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Professor Emmett Ben Yaakov was murdered in his office and placed at the Huldah Gates in the Old City of Jerusalem the night before the technological summit. It's a conference that had the potential to launch a new era of technological advancement. The only clue to his death was a Bible verse inscribed on his chest.

Professor Aiden Leonardo of the University of Illinois at Chicago was the last person to be found with Emmett just before his murder. Having been in a similar situation when Lazzaro died, Aiden would piece together the clues as to the cause of his friend's death. A deeper investigation into the case revealed a grand scheme meticulously orchestrated by terrorists to bring down the Old City. This will, in turn, lead to an international war. Aiden would need to race against the clock and use his knowledge of the Bible to piece the puzzle together and deactivate the bombs planted in the Old City.

The Secret of Scripture: Aiden Leonardo Series Book 2 by Felix Alexander is a fantastic read with epic content that can steal readers' hearts. The plot was beautifully scripted with extensive knowledge of biblical facts and historical content dating back to the history of the church, the Jews, and Islam. Readers might have a first impression of the book as theological jargon or biblical lore, but the writer's intelligence exceeded random theological knowledge. Without doubts, readers would find this part of the book accurately illustrated, which was a positive feature for me.

Although exciting, all the aforementioned are nothing compared to the complications when Angelo Marquez, a cop, and Nagi, a philologist, and cryptographer, got involved with a mysterious man. This man was possibly involved with the black market of rare valuables and ancient artifacts. This was not a coincidence, given the simultaneous happenings in Jerusalem. The story had no decline; it was from good to better, then to best.

The only defect to be accounted for in The Secret of Scripture: Aiden Leonardo Series Book 2 would be the errors in the book. Asides from that, it was a plethora of fun and thrills. I have no other negative issue to complain of. Hence, I rate this book four out of five stars. The story portrayed a unique outlook independent of its connection to any previous manuscript by the author. It seemed like a sequel to a previous book by the author, as listed on the concluding pages.

The Secret of Scripture: Aiden Leonardo Series Book 2 would be helpful regarding matters of faith. Readers will also find references to international politics and religious materials. One of my favorites was “the A.I. and God conflict—technology versus faith." In summary, readers interested in discovering the secret of Scripture through this unbiased platform, although fictional, would find this material most helpful. I recommend it to them.

The Secret of Scripture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This storyline reminds me of the incident that occurred at my school. This is a lovely review, well done.
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

This book seems like a great read. Unfortunately it was not properly edited and contained a few errors. However the storyline is captivating and I am impressed with the author's knowledge of historical and religious facts and his attention to details.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I like mysteries and this one sounds really intriguing. Imagine trying to use a Bible verse to crack a case! Sound really interesting, it’s just sad that the book has a lot of errors in it.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”