Review of Field Of Shadows.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of Field Of Shadows.

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Field Of Shadows." by James McKenna.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Field of Shadows by James McKenna is an interesting book about money and drug crimes. The story centers around Liam Fitzgerald, an eligible soldier looking to retire from the military. Then there is Colonel Selby, who would do anything to see that Sergent Liam remains with the undercover Unit 14. Again, there is Portia Anderson, an upcoming investigative journalist, who would go to any length to have her report story trend.

Liam's hatred for Lodge 22 pushes him to fight them alone, even at the expense of his life. Liam captures the Lodge 22's thirty-five million pounds and vows to blow it and its owners up. A lot of other people, including Selby, all want a share in the massive bond. How far can Liam go in keeping the money away from the wrong hands? What will become of Portia afterward?

This book has many positive aspects. I love the story; it is a crime novel that is motivational too. I am not sure if I have read crime novels or if I enjoyed them, but I sure did want this one. I liked the descriptions in this book. They were beautiful and detailed. I liked how this book was written; it is a crime novel, but I never got confused at any point. I like the story the book tells. It is quite engaging, with lots of suspense. I was able to better appreciate the cases of fraud, drugs, and money laundering by the godfathers of society.

I learned how the whites handled crimes in their country and regions. I liked the characters, all of them. The author told their stories well and made them even more interesting. Liam was my favourite; I loved his bravery. His selflessness made me emotional a couple of times. I loved the relationship Liam and Portia shared. I liked how Liam, Damien, and Ignatius loved each other. I also love the way that the characters with the not-so-amazing traits were portrayed. I liked the concept of love and romance displayed in this book. Most importantly, I like how detailed this book was. I would most certainly love a second read.

This book has no negative aspects. I enjoyed everything about this book. It told a unique, captivating story. I found only a few errors while I read this book. Therefore it was professionally edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I gave this book this rating because the book was simply mind-blowing. It had an amazing storyline, and I found nothing to dislike about it. Every second I spent reading this book was exhilarating; it was worth it. I recommend this book to lovers of fiction, crime stories, and criminology.

Field Of Shadows.
View: on Bookshelves
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I love Liam’s character. I also love a book with a noteworthy narrative. Thank you for your excellent review.
:D
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

The plot of this book is exceptional and will be fascinating to readers. Amazing review, well done.
Tadi02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadi02.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Tadi02 »

Crime novels are my favorite and it sounds like this one wouldn't disappoint. Thanks for the detailed review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”