Review of Dying For A Woman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of Dying For A Woman

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dying For A Woman" by Graham Birchmore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine waking up from a drug-induced sleep and not recognizing where you are. If that isn’t enough to terrify you, it gets worse. This psychological crime thriller isn't at all what it appears to be. An impeccable angel in the community who works at a children’s home and helps save children—sometimes at her own cost—is kidnapped one morning on her way to work. Was she chosen at random or was she sought out specifically? As this thriller evolves, you will be mesmerized and not be able to stop reading. This book has three parts, which include the kidnapping, the twins, and the conclusion. Do you know the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?

It is difficult to go into this book without giving any spoilers away; it is packed to the rim with information and will leave you reeling. In this book, you will get a personal insight into the mental workings of sociopaths and psychopaths. It isn’t a complex book at all, as you might expect when you hear that it has a psychological twist to it. I had my doubts at the beginning, but they were immediately swept away. The book shows that people aren’t always what they seem and that there is a snapping point when someone is constantly pushed beyond their limit.

This book includes violence, rape, threats, and torture. It isn’t for the faint of heart, but it is eye-opening. I enjoyed this book immensely, as well as the taboo subjects that the author discussed at the end of the book regarding rape victims. There were so many questions and thoughts brought forth while reading this book. A lot of research went into this book, and the author tried to answer all of the questions he thought his book would provoke. With all of the subjects touched on in this book, the main objective is the exploration of first appearances and underlying realities. You won’t be disappointed by this book!

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about the storyline or information in this book. The author did an exceptional job, and I would love to read more of his work. His descriptiveness made me feel like I was a part of this book instead of just an onlooker. Unfortunately, I did find quite a few errors in this book, which leads me to believe that it needs a thorough proofreading session. Although I found errors, the plot had me so immersed that they didn’t affect my enjoyment of this book at all. I would rate Dying For A Woman by Graham Birchmore 4 out of 5 stars. Once the errors have been fixed, I would love to give this book the perfect score it deserves!

This book touches on difficult scenarios like rape and torture, which can be triggers for some people. There are also a lot of profanity and harsh words included in this book, which suit the scenarios included. I would recommend this book to mature people who enjoy crime mysteries and investigations and also want to learn more about the inner workings of sociopaths and psychopaths. I definitely learned a lot from this book, and I was surprised by how engrossed I was by its content.

Dying For A Woman
View: on Bookshelves
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

I love how the story focuses on Psychopathic and sociopathic aspects of life. I would really want to read the book as I am very interested in reading your review. Great job!
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A GUIDE BY TONY JETON SELIMI THAT TALKS ABOUT IMPROVING MIND, IMPROVING LIFE AND TRANSFORMING BUSINESS.
A GUIDE FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIASTS.GOOD REVIEW
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Arakhsh Qanit wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 06:30 I love how the story focuses on Psychopathic and sociopathic aspects of life. I would really want to read the book as I am very interested in reading your review. Great job!
Thanks so much for your reply! This book brings a lot of thoughts out!
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

NutellaBanana wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 09:13 This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Thank you so much for your kind words!
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Domeseo Camus Meda wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 08:23 A GUIDE BY TONY JETON SELIMI THAT TALKS ABOUT IMPROVING MIND, IMPROVING LIFE AND TRANSFORMING BUSINESS.
A GUIDE FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIASTS.GOOD REVIEW
I do believe that you might have commented on the wrong review.
Salena Locklin Dixon
Currently Reading: Devil's Ice
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salena-locklin-dixon.html
Latest Review: Thumbing It by David Done

Post by Salena Locklin Dixon »

Thanks for the review, putting this on by to be read list. I do love psychological thrillers! Can't wait to read it!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel goes into some of the darkest corners of human nature, which can be very disturbing. The storyline seems intriguing, so I might read it if I'm in the proper mood. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”