Review of Fangs of Deception

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Review of Fangs of Deception

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fangs of Deception" by TK Orbelyan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

T. K. Orbelyan wrote the book Fangs of Deception. You must have heard about certain mysterious hidden powers in this world that dare to compete with, if not exceed, the powers of existing governments at some point. These secret societies are feared to be the top 1% of the 1% who govern world powers, regulate stock markets, and oversee resource allocation. They appear to know everything and wish to keep their existence hidden from the rest of the world. Due to the amount of their resources, they do everything in their power to eliminate anyone or anything that appears to be a danger to their existence by any means necessary.

Orbelyan capitalizes on this concept in this work. Carl was an alternative news journalist who was particularly interested in such beliefs. Over a family vacation weekend, he revealed some information obtained from a source regarding a huge pharmaceutical business called Chimera. He vanished a few days later. His girlfriend, who was allegedly the last person to see him, was also missing. Terry, Carl's cousin, decides to properly examine his cousin's abrupt absence. Read this book to discover if Terry is successful in locating those responsible for his cousin's disappearance and if Carl returns home.

I must praise Orbelyan for the captivating nature of this novel. It flowed so seamlessly, tying one incident to the next without confusing the reader or making them make false assumptions. The novel was fast-paced from the start, and the environmental descriptions were excellent. Every character in this novel, even the younger ones, appeared to be quite mature and sensible. This added to the story's intrigue because you were curious to see what reasonable choice they'd make.

Fangs of Deception takes place in late 2022 and early 2023. It included references to various perspectives on the COVID pandemic, including numerous conspiracy theories. Because this was a fairly recent thing in everyone's minds, this portion was highly relatable and was my favorite section of the novel. Because the events in this book correspond to real-life events, the explanations provided are quite plausible. The phenomenon of birds plummeting to their deaths from the skies occurred in both the actual world and this book. This led Terry to believe that the new 5G towers were to blame. Individuals were not even allowed to collect any of these birds, which heightened suspicion and sparked numerous speculations. The ideas in this book are rarely seen in the mainstream media and will undoubtedly keep you interested.

Only a couple of things in this book turned me off. To begin, the character introductions at the beginning felt a little overwhelming and would be difficult for some readers to keep up with. I struggled to keep up at first because I frequently misidentified some characters. The conspiracy theories in this book seemed a little crazy. It appeared that the author was not objective in his approach to the book's ideas concerning a covert organization directing mankind like puppets. That felt a little too strong, but happily, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the novel.

This book receives 5 out of 5 stars from me. Obviously, there were some things I didn't like about it, but it was undeniably a well-written novel with an interesting plot. I only found one error in it, which indicates that the editing team did a good job. Those who prefer conspiracy theories and mystery novels will enjoy this book.

Fangs of Deception
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

I learned that government rules by magical power, to become ever knowing in the world and hide their sources from others. Than you so much for this great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Using conspiracy theories means that the author has to omit some fact that might destroy any credibility, so you need to at the very least suspend your disbilief to appreciate this kind of approach. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

NetMassimo wrote: 08 Apr 2023, 15:10 Using conspiracy theories means that the author has to omit some fact that might destroy any credibility, so you need to at the very least suspend your disbilief to appreciate this kind of approach. Thank you for your great review!
I agree with your it's actually difficult to validate things that one has a limited understanding of. This is why many things will be labelled as conspiracies, even though they may be true.
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”