Review of Max Bomber Revenge

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Max Bomber Revenge

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Max Bomber Revenge" by Anthony Silman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Max Bomber Revenge is a book in the C/T/M/H genre by Anthony Silman. The focal theme of the book was the coordinated attack against cybercrime. Nonetheless, it had other pieces, such as addiction, violence, trolling, seduction, survival, courage, and revenge. This is the second book in the Max series.

Because of Gary's upbringing, he became a lawless child, which led to his expulsion from school. He began homeschooling. The actions of his parents rubbed off on him, and he became an alcoholic. Their names were Gary Senior and Chrissie. His mother searched for help, leading him to go into rehabilitation. While there, he met Daria, who introduced him to her family's drug sales business. The Odin family pushed drugs alongside their legit food and wine businesses. Alex, Daria's uncle, welcomed him into the family. However, unknown to Gary, the family's plans for him weren't what he had in mind. He was in for a huge shock. On the other hand, Dan, Jo, and Max were bosses at the company, Onetelcall. They and their alliances worked very hard to reduce the rate of cybercrime. However, they made a discovery that backfired on them, and as such, they moved to sell their company shares to eliminate their connection to it. Notwithstanding, the deed had already been done, and the only action was to fight, flee, or be killed.

The storylines' perspectives switched from Gary and his family to Jo, Dan, and Max in their war against cybercrime. In the beginning, I found these changing viewpoints confusing because, at the time, I was clueless as to the connection these two sets of people had. Their conversions differed, and I was left wondering how they would correlate. I was happy when the author finally disclosed what connected them. I became even more pleased with how he revealed it. This helped excellently pique my interest as I looked forward to how the following events would unfold.

At some point in the narrative, I deeply blamed Chrissie for letting Gary turn out the way he did because she wasn't very observant to discover that his life wasn't towing the right path. However, I felt a surge of relief when she found out where she had gone wrong and took the necessary steps to correct it. Daria's personality was a mystery, and I longed to know what made her turn out the way she did. I was happy that later on, the author gave a substantial background story about her upbringing. 

I found the storyline to be compelling and highly engaging. I was delighted that the author didn't incorporate any unnecessary characters. All the characters played a significant role in the perfect development of the narrative. There wasn't a dull moment, as the book contained enough action. At some point, the book got heated, and I was eager to know who would win the battle that would invariably ensue. The good guys? Or the bad guys? I'm happy the climax was satisfying, as all loose ends were tied up. Not forgetting, the author's storytelling proficiency is second to none. I didn't find any distasteful aspects. 

For the above reasons, it would be wrong not to award this book a perfect rating of five out of five stars. I noted some errors, which indicate that it was professionally edited. I recommend this book to readers who revel in action-packed books about cyberwar. Readers offended by profanity wouldn't like this book as there is a plethora of it. 

Max Bomber Revenge
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This sounds like a great book, it's always good to wonder if the good guys will win or not
Villemon
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Villemon »

A very wonderful book.i really recommend it
Torigibs
Currently Reading: Resdiscovering the wisdom of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-torigibs.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Torigibs »

A book on cybercrime will definitely a good read. I hope to add this on my bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

What an unfortunate start in life for Gary. I wonder if his troublesomeness wasn't largely because of his parent's lifestyle?
Christopher Cawley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-cawley.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Christopher Cawley »

I find this to be a really great review that you have clearly put a lot of effort into, thank you for posting, I'm going to give this book a read myself when I get some time.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”