Review of Max Deepfake Revenge

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Max Deepfake Revenge

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Max Deepfake Revenge" by Anthony Silman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Max Deepfake Revenge is a contemporary crime novel by Anthony Silman. This debut novel is set in Olderbury and follows the life of Dan as he avenges the attack on his girlfriend, Jo, by a drug lord named Sniff. Dan and Spray are co-partners of a high-tech firm called Onetelcall. Drugs (cocaine) have been prevalent in Olderbury, and Dan has recently become suspicious that the drugs are finding their way to Olderbury through the company. Someone in the company is likely involved, and Dan begins his covert investigation. Catalyzing the operation is the fact that his girlfriend, Jo, has recently been attacked and falsely testified against in court by Sniff and his cronies. Together with his assistant, Max, Dan begins a revenge mission through social media propaganda to fish out the drug lords and ruin their lives forever. The duo is determined to end the drug menace in Olderbury one and for all.

There were several things I liked about this book. First, vivid description sets it apart. This is the first thing that caught my attention when I began reading Max Deepfake Revenge. Olderbury was captured in great detail, giving readers a clear mental picture of its cultural, social, and economic compositions. Apart from the vivid setting descriptions, the characters and concepts followed the same suit. Readers also get to know the characters' personalities, motivations, and backgrounds in great detail. These spiced up my reading sessions. Second, I couldn't help but realize how well-researched this book was. The courtroom sessions, the technology incorporated, and the concepts discussed were realistic and factually valid. Third, I liked the author's ability to capture the readers' attention. The suspense was expertly employed at the end of some chapters, and this kept me glued as I tried to uncover the plot details, thanks to the author's writing prowess. And finally, I was satisfied with the ending. The loose ends were well-tied, and relevant lessons were learned.

What I liked the most about this book were the professional profiles of some of the characters. I enjoyed reading about how they climbed the corporate ladders and what motivated them. Some began from humble backgrounds and made it to the top without losing their core principles. I found them inspiring, to say the least.

Overall, there was nothing I disliked about this book. I found only one error, indicating it was professionally edited. This is one of the best books I've ever read this year, and I am glad to give it the perfect score of five out of five stars. This excellent novel deserves each of the stars I've given it, as I loved its wonderful execution and the author's evident writing prowess.

I highly recommend this book to fans of well-written crime novels incorporating contemporary technology, romance, and heated court battles or dramas. On the other hand, strong language was extensively used in the book. Except for readers who can be affected by vulgarity, I honestly can't think of anyone who may find it least suitable. I immensely enjoyed Max Deepfake Revenge and look forward to reading more books by the author in the future.

Max Deepfake Revenge
View: on Bookshelves
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

I love the colourful design of this book. The book is talking about how cocaine is smuggled in tithe country from a company and how investigation was conducted to fish the smuggers
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

The review seems interesting and I have to say I m already excited about reading this novel. Thanks for writing such a clear and amazing review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Dan is poking a dangerous person. A drug lord. Those guys are heartless. I wonder how this story ends.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”