Review of Shifting Sands

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Review of Shifting Sands

Post by Gavice Victoria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shifting Sands" by T. L. Scott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A seventeen-year-old named Stacy was having a misunderstanding with her boyfriend, Steve. She had seen him kiss Julie at a party and needed him to admit it. However, he explained to her that he had nothing to do with the girl. She was furious and got out of the car on their way home. Steve pleaded with her, but she still wanted him to admit it. So she walked down the road all alone in the cold, lonely night while Steve headed home. This is where her ordeal began. She never got home and was reported missing.

Michael Cavanaugh and Bill Thompson, both FBI agents, and the team were actively involved in Stacy's case as well as the cases of other girls who were abducted by a known gang headed by Miguel, a notorious rapist, human trafficker, and drug dealer. Does Miguel have anything to do with Stacy's disappearance? Will Bill and his team be able to bring justice to those girls being trafficked by Miguel? You need to read Shifting Sands by T. L. Scott to find out.

Shifting Sands is a sequel to Fault Line. It centers on abduction, child abuse, rape, and drug and human trafficking. It shows the wickedness and inhumane acts displayed by people all because of money. Bribery and corruption have become so ingrained in the world that we violate human rights and lose every sense of decency. It is so appalling the level of atrocities people commit against their fellow humans, and they feel no guilt about them. I was literally cringing at some actions perpetrated by some of the characters. We all know that almost all the time, women are on the receiving end of these horrendous acts. That is why it is said that the world is unfair and harder for the female gender.

I loved this book because of the logical presentation of the storyline and the arousal of emotions and empathy created by the author. Without mincing words, he painted a vivid picture of what victims of rape and human trafficking go through. The characters were well-developed, and the plot was well-thought-out.

This book was professionally edited, as I encountered only a few errors while reading it. For me, there was no negative aspect to this book. It brought out my emotions, and I let them flow freely. I am rating Shifting Sands by T. L. Scott 5 out of 5 stars because it deserves it.

The book provides a means of informing, teaching, and sensitizing readers about child abuse. However, it may not be ideal for people who have experienced similar issues or are healing from past experiences. I feel like it will evoke emotions that they have worked very hard to forget. Nevertheless, if you are interested in books with the themes I have previously mentioned, then I would gladly recommend this one to you. This is a perfect book for teaching purposes on rape and trafficking.

Shifting Sands
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Thanks for your review. Rape and human trafficking are brutal, difficult subjects. While I agree education about preventing them is vitally important, I probably wouldn't find this book entertaining to read.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

It's good we learn to settle our differences no matter what. Her boyfriend should had gotten down the car and walked her home no matter what.
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The way the story reflects the current reality of human trafficking and other atrocities makes it a must-read for those who wish to understand the evil that exists in the world. I appreciate the way the reviewer conveyed their thoughts on the book. It is a great way to attract potential readers.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

I found the reviewer's write up to be extremely helpful and insightful. The detailed analysis of the study's results and implications provided a clear understanding of the key findings in this article.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

This book will be a very suitable read for young adults, and this is because this book addresses a lot of issues affecting them at the moment. Kudos for such an amazing review.
Ikechi Ugochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechi-ugochukwu.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ikechi Ugochukwu »

A very well detailed review. Should be read by every adult and teenager. I would like to know what actually happened to Stacy and if she was later found.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Secrets of the Edge by Glenda Harrison Creasy

Post by Salome Ogani »

The author's ability to present complex issues in a way that is easy to understand is a great skill. Not everyone is well-versed in issues such as human trafficking, and the book is an excellent way to enlighten readers on this issue.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Overall, your review has convinced me that Annunciation is definitely worth reading. I appreciate your well-rounded assessment of the book and your thoughtful recommendations for who might enjoy it. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Your recommendation is so enthusiastic and heartfelt, it's clear that this book really spoke to you. I trust your judgment and can't wait to read this book myself. I appreciate that you've highlighted its appeal to lovers of poetry and nature alike, which is a broad and beautiful audience.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

The mention of the sequel to the book, Fault Line, makes me curious to read that book as well. I am always interested in reading series and seeing how characters grow and develop over time. I wonder if I need to read the first book in the series to fully understand the plot of Shifting Sands.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Finally, your praise for the editing of the book is a testament to the quality of the book's production. It's always great to read books that are well-edited, and it seems like After They Came ticks all the boxes. Overall, your review has convinced me that this book is worth reading, and I appreciate the effort you put into writing it.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The book's logical presentation of the storyline is so commendable. It is always refreshing to read a book that is well-thought-out and keeps the reader engaged from the beginning to the end. The review makes me confident that this book will be a great read.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The themes of the book are so relevant to our world today, and the review highlights this so well. It is scary to think that people still commit such atrocities against their fellow human beings all for the sake of money. The review makes it clear that this book sheds light on these issues in a way that will leave an impact on the reader.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”